Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Credit Secure

tag
sycotik
Valued Member

AMEX Credit Secure

I just was approved for my first AMEX card (Hilton Honors one) and I noticed they have something called Credit Secure.  I did use the search engine here but the newest post I could find was from 2007.  I dont know if I was searching for the wrong terms or what.  Anyway, I was wanting to know what this is. 

Does it pull all 3?

Is it FAKO or FICO?

Also, I thought it said I can pull the reports daily.  Is this still true?

Any other pros/cons about it?

The FAQ about it on the AMEX website is a little vague...

I currently have scorewatch on this site and was wondering if it would be worth the extra money to get this as well.  Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Credit Secure

sycotik wrote:

Is it FAKO or FICO?

FAKO

Message 2 of 4
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Sycotik,

As Sidewinder said it is a FAKO score, almost everything out there is.  It does pull all three but can be a little hard to read.  It currently lets you pull everyday.

I think it is a good service, not as easy on the eyes as TrueCredit however.  Sometimes the account may be listed on the next line down.  But after a few days you understand.  It does however give you a breakdown summary as to how many accounts you have in what category and balances. 

I believe the breakdown is, Real Estate, Revovlving, Installment, Collections, Open Accounts, Closed Accounts, Total.

I think the only options out there for pulling everyday are Credit Secure and CreditCheckTotal.  Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Donks is right about CS's display of your accounts sometimes being kinda wonky, especially if you have 2 accounts with the same lender or it's reporting time for an account, and sometimes you end up with 2 lines for the same account because one CRA's name for it or whatever is slightly different from the others and CS's system gives that odd one out its own line.

That said, I do like it, as I'm one of the O-C types who pulls her reports every day through there.

Oh - one other weirdness you might run into, if you decide to use it:  On at least one occasion, an EQ soft turned up on my reports, which initially I thought was a hard because CS doesn't display any of my other softs.  I was furious when the DirecTV inq showed up (long story), came here to pull my EQ score and report to check damage - and no new inq on my report pulled here!  I pulled again a couple of days later to be sure, and still no new inq on EQ, so apparently CS sometimes does get it wrong with regard to new inqs.

FYI, FWIW.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.