Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX. Do I call or send letter.

tag
ctjulie
Valued Member

AMEX. Do I call or send letter.

Hi everyone- I received a letter from Amex stating that if I pay off my balance (was sent to collections and I guess now back at Amex??) they will reinstate my card. I want to pay it off but do I call and ask them to remove all negative records if I pay off my card or do I forget I even received this letter and mail them the PFD letter? Thanks for you help!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX. Do I call or send letter.

Since AMEX is offering you a "golden ticket," I would call and accept the offer. I personally would not mention eliminating thne bad history until you make several months of ontime payments and stay under limit. That way they will see you are serious about your credit and may help you out again.

AMEX is pretty tough. So, the fact that they offered you this is GREAT!!!
Message 2 of 15
ctjulie
Valued Member

I'm on with Amex right now and I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE MAN IS SAYING!!!!! I think I'm connected to someone in India!!!!
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ctjulie wrote:
I'm on with Amex right now and I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE MAN IS SAYING!!!!! I think I'm connected to someone in India!!!!

Ask for a US agent!
Message 4 of 15
ctjulie
Valued Member

Just got off the phone with Amex. I agreed to pay the full balance in return they will update the three credit agencies and remove the "collection" that is on my credit reports. I will also be getting their blue card with a CL of $1200. The second agent I spoke with was super friendly, he also told me after six months on the blue card, I should apply for an Amex card Smiley Happy I don't know why I was avoiding all this for so long! I'm going to check my credit scores next month and hopefully b/w the three GW letters I sent out and paying off my balance on my Amex card, my FICO score will go up. Now the last thing I have to work on is my Judgement with Chase card... Thanks.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is fantastic. Congratulations!!!! Keep up the good work. I am glad it worked out well for you.

Cecilia
Message 6 of 15
ctjulie
Valued Member

I hope it works out well for me too Smiley Happy
I have no idea if the GW letters worked.
I sent them out last week and I'm assuming it's going to take time...that is, if they do make the corrections. I'm hoping just by paying the Amex off my 594 will turn into a 694...hahaha! a girl can wish, right?! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way too go.........
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get the Amex Blue or an Optima with a 1200 limit? Either way good for you!
Message 9 of 15
ctjulie
Valued Member

The letter I received from Amex stated it was the Optima card but when I was speaking to the agent he said the Blue card...is there a difference?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.