Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX...........OMG what now?

tag
dragonheartt
Valued Member

AMEX...........OMG what now?

I applied for the Delta Gold and was approved in about 15 seconds for a cl of $8800.  I was thinking about applying for the Hilton card, but should I apply for the blue, I would really like the blue cash.  I had an EX of 680 when I applied a few minutes ago.  What do you think my chances are, what would be the best card to apply for now?

Dragon
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX...........OMG what now?

You shouldn't have any issues getting blue. You could apply for the HHonors and than convert to blue as well.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If i ask Amex to convert my card to a different one, will they do a hard pull again? Or they are just going to do so ?
Message 3 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

They usually convert without issue and it should not cost you an Inq.
Message 4 of 16
dragonheartt
Valued Member

Tuscani wrote:
You shouldn't have any issues getting blue. You could apply for the HHonors and than convert to blue as well.

With approvals, is there a difference between blue and blue cash?

Dragon
Message 5 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

dragonheartt wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

With approvals, is there a difference between blue and blue cash?

Dragon

I don't believe so.
Message 6 of 16
dragonheartt
Valued Member

Well I applied for Blue Cash and it said they would let me know something with in 14 days by mail or I could check the status online.  Is this bad, or is this normal with applying for a second card?

Dragon
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same mesg. on my Honors after approval on delta gold!
Message 8 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

dragonheartt wrote:
Well I applied for Blue Cash and it said they would let me know something with in 14 days by mail or I could check the status online.  Is this bad, or is this normal with applying for a second card?

Dragon

Totally normal.
Message 9 of 16
dragonheartt
Valued Member

Thanks for the response, will let you know if I get approved.  Either way, the Delta Gold will help my utilization.  I haven't never seen any say on this board, can you have too much available credit, even if you keep your utilization low.

Dragon
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.