Valued Member
dragonheartt

AMEX...........OMG what now?

I applied for the Delta Gold and was approved in about 15 seconds for a cl of $8800.  I was thinking about applying for the Hilton card, but should I apply for the blue, I would really like the blue cash.  I had an EX of 680 when I applied a few minutes ago.  What do you think my chances are, what would be the best card to apply for now?

Dragon
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: AMEX...........OMG what now?

You shouldn't have any issues getting blue. You could apply for the HHonors and than convert to blue as well.
Established Contributor
Irvin

If i ask Amex to convert my card to a different one, will they do a hard pull again? Or they are just going to do so ?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

They usually convert without issue and it should not cost you an Inq.
Valued Member
dragonheartt

Tuscani wrote:
You shouldn't have any issues getting blue. You could apply for the HHonors and than convert to blue as well.

With approvals, is there a difference between blue and blue cash?

Dragon
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

dragonheartt wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

With approvals, is there a difference between blue and blue cash?

Dragon

I don't believe so.
Valued Member
dragonheartt

Well I applied for Blue Cash and it said they would let me know something with in 14 days by mail or I could check the status online.  Is this bad, or is this normal with applying for a second card?

Dragon
Established Contributor
so_confused

I got the same mesg. on my Honors after approval on delta gold!
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

dragonheartt wrote:
Well I applied for Blue Cash and it said they would let me know something with in 14 days by mail or I could check the status online.  Is this bad, or is this normal with applying for a second card?

Dragon

Totally normal.
Valued Member
dragonheartt

Thanks for the response, will let you know if I get approved.  Either way, the Delta Gold will help my utilization.  I haven't never seen any say on this board, can you have too much available credit, even if you keep your utilization low.

Dragon

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+