Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Oasis Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Oasis Success!

Wife got her Oasis AMEX Optima after we repaid her defaulted AMEX charge. She got the Optima, registered it online, and then promptly applied for both Green and Delta Skymiles online. Both approved. Green arrived today. They said Skymiles should be here in another week or so.

Bad news. The AMEX elephant remembers (and blacklists) back at least to 1991. I have an old defaulted AMEX Green, and until I repay it they won't issue to me and won't even give me an AU card off my wife's.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
sl
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Oasis Success!

My husband has the AMEX Platimum card (the one they charge $450 to have the honor of holding) and he wants to put me back on as an AU and I am nervous becuse of my debt management program. If he tries to put me on and I am denied, can they pull his card?
Message 2 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband has had the green card for over 10yrs, I was an AU but i terminated myself because I didn't want the temptation.  He now as the Blue card and I'm in the credit rebuilding mode.  Would it be more beneficial of me to add the Blue ($5k limit $0 bal) or the Green card- no preset limit bal$200 for purposes of increasing my credit scores.  Also, the Green card isstill showing on all of my CBR but it is showing as terminated or paid as agreed.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have him add you to both.  The more positive established and OPEN trade lines in your case the better.  The AU will only count till Sept so make the most of it!

tiburones5 wrote:
My husband has had the green card for over 10yrs, I was an AU but i terminated myself because I didn't want the temptation.  He now as the Blue card and I'm in the credit rebuilding mode.  Would it be more beneficial of me to add the Blue ($5k limit $0 bal) or the Green card- no preset limit bal$200 for purposes of increasing my credit scores.  Also, the Green card isstill showing on all of my CBR but it is showing as terminated or paid as agreed.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news for the wife!  Get started paying off yours. Smiley Indifferent

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Wife got her Oasis AMEX Optima after we repaid her defaulted AMEX charge. She got the Optima, registered it online, and then promptly applied for both Green and Delta Skymiles online. Both approved. Green arrived today. They said Skymiles should be here in another week or so.

Bad news. The AMEX elephant remembers (and blacklists) back at least to 1991. I have an old defaulted AMEX Green, and until I repay it they won't issue to me and won't even give me an AU card off my wife's.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

sl wrote:
My husband has the AMEX Platimum card (the one they charge $450 to have the honor of holding) and he wants to put me back on as an AU and I am nervous becuse of my debt management program. If he tries to put me on and I am denied, can they pull his card?

It seems very unlikely he'd loose his card, especially Platinum. So long as you don't have any defaults with AMEX, you stand a reasonably good chance.

Y'all could apply jointly for an AMEX Delta, the easiest AMEX to get. That way you'd still get the FICO benefit from it after September.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

princessofpink wrote:
Great news for the wife!  Get started paying off yours. Smiley Indifferent

Yeah, I'm planning to call the Oasis phone number runaround and see whether they want it all upfront lump sum or not.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah,

Good news for the wife!! Smiley Happy    Wow, I didn't know one could apply for one Amex and get two more instantly!!  WTG!

Now you have to take lessons from the woman in charge!  Smiley Happy

SandyK
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

sankofa wrote:

Noah,

Good news for the wife!! Smiley Happy    Wow, I didn't know one could apply for one Amex and get two more instantly!!  WTG!

Now you have to take lessons from the woman in charge!  Smiley Happy

SandyK

Well, it wasn't quite instant approval for both. The Green was approved, I think the next day, while the Delta lingered for a few days because of FAs on our CRs.

She actually fights me every step of the way. It's like dealing with TU, only I think it requires less effort to get something outta TU at times.

She has a couple of old open store CCs in good standing. TLs go back to the early or mid 90s but haven't been used in a couple of years. Just getting her to review and sign GW letters is a chore. Getting her to call customer service to get the CCs reissued (so we can slide in a little util from time to time)? I could sooner build an Ark. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.