Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Question

tag
dragonheartt
Valued Member

AMEX Question

Which CRA does AMEX pull there inquiry from?  The reason I ask is TU and EX are alot higher than EQ.  I did have some lates back in 2004, but it seems TU and EX doesn't count them against me as bad as EQ, as my score with both of them are right at 700, where my EQ is 657. 

Dragon
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Question

Lately.. EX
Message 2 of 8
dragonheartt
Valued Member

Thanks for the response, never dealt with AMEX, how tuff are they to get approved with?
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

It's possible they might pull EQ, depends on where you live.  They pulled both my EQ and EX but this was a couple of months ago.
Message 4 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

We need more info about what's on your reports. Specifically the baddies.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

dragonheartt wrote:
Thanks for the response, never dealt with AMEX, how tuff are they to get approved with?

If you ever defaulted with them, going back at least 16 years, they will likely blacklist you and not issue.

Each AMEX CC has a different score threshold. AMEX Delta and Green seem to be the easiest ones to get. Folks with FICOs in the high 500s have gotten them.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah  I can verify that.  They were part of my chapter 13 7 years ago.  I figured since it was off my cr and my scores were in the 740's I give it a shot.  Well they denied and their online site lets you look at the reason why right away. My letter thats coming says because amex canceled you account

Noah_Bodie wrote:

dragonheartt wrote:

If you ever defaulted with them, going back at least 16 years, they will likely blacklist you and not issue.

Each AMEX CC has a different score threshold. AMEX Delta and Green seem to be the easiest ones to get. Folks with FICOs in the high 500s have gotten them.

Message 7 of 8
dragonheartt
Valued Member

The only baddie, is a couple of 30 day lates and a couple of 60 lates from late 2004 when my wife was out of work.  Been ontime since then, and paid off several accounts since then.  Last week I sent GW letters hoping to take care of the lates, I figured it couldn't hurt.

Dragon
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.