cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX REWARD PLUS GOLD PRE-SELECTED OFFER QUESTION

Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX REWARD PLUS GOLD PRE-SELECTED OFFER QUESTION

I thought the green card would not be the best card to help one's score because amex doesn't report the credit limit (because it doesn't have a pre-set limit)?
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX REWARD PLUS GOLD PRE-SELECTED OFFER QUESTION

i think you are right about that.

ah32 wrote:
I thought the green card would not be the best card to help one's score because amex doesn't report the credit limit (because it doesn't have a pre-set limit)?



Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX REWARD PLUS GOLD PRE-SELECTED OFFER QUESTION



ah32 wrote:
I thought the green card would not be the best card to help one's score because amex doesn't report the credit limit (because it doesn't have a pre-set limit)?


Charge cards like Amex's are suppose to report as other open accounts and not as a revolving account. I have an Amex Gold PIF card reporting as other open account on EQ and TU. But on EX they report it as revolving, what idiots they are. I have disputed and disputed. I now intend to sue EX for reporting an inaccurate TL. It tanked my EX score.
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX REWARD PLUS GOLD PRE-SELECTED OFFER QUESTION

Dog,
 
I did go to the website, and it is a PIF card.  We will wait to see what their terms and rates are before we accept the card, however.  If it is not going to benefit us then we don't need to take the card.
 
Thanks
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX REWARD PLUS GOLD PRE-SELECTED OFFER QUESTION

no problem, a year or so ago my wife made the mistake of applying for a pif charge card with amex that had a 100 dollar or so annual fee...she canceled it when i explained to her what the deal was.  she now has a delta.
 
 
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX REWARD PLUS GOLD PRE-SELECTED OFFER QUESTION



dog wrote:
no problem, a year or so ago my wife made the mistake of applying for a pif charge card with amex that had a 100 dollar or so annual fee...she canceled it when i explained to her what the deal was.  she now has a delta.
 
 


I have a high AF with my card but I don't care. I earn 2 points for every $1 I charge with my Gold card with Amex partners. I transfer all points to my Continental One Pass FF program. The rewards far outweigh the AF, at least for me.
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX REWARD PLUS GOLD PRE-SELECTED OFFER QUESTION

my wife, on the other hand, would sooner chew off her own hand than pull a credit card out and use it.  i am finally about to convince her that she should put a tank of gas on her delta skymiles every now and then to improve her scores.

fused111 wrote:
 
I have a high AF with my card but I don't care. I earn 2 points for every $1 I charge with my Gold card with Amex partners. I transfer all points to my Continental One Pass FF program. The rewards far outweigh the AF, at least for me.