Regular Contributor
ah32

Re: AMEX REWARD PLUS GOLD PRE-SELECTED OFFER QUESTION

I thought the green card would not be the best card to help one's score because amex doesn't report the credit limit (because it doesn't have a pre-set limit)?
Established Contributor
dog

i think you are right about that.

ah32 wrote:
I thought the green card would not be the best card to help one's score because amex doesn't report the credit limit (because it doesn't have a pre-set limit)?

Moderator Emeritus
fused

ah32 wrote:

Charge cards like Amex's are suppose to report as other open accounts and not as a revolving account. I have an Amex Gold PIF card reporting as other open account on EQ and TU. But on EX they report it as revolving, what idiots they are. I have disputed and disputed. I now intend to sue EX for reporting an inaccurate TL. It tanked my EX score.
Credit Cards:
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K
Established Contributor
myhearts07

Dog,

I did go to the website, and it is a PIF card.  We will wait to see what their terms and rates are before we accept the card, however.  If it is not going to benefit us then we don't need to take the card.

Thanks
Established Contributor
dog

no problem, a year or so ago my wife made the mistake of applying for a pif charge card with amex that had a 100 dollar or so annual fee...she canceled it when i explained to her what the deal was.  she now has a delta.

Moderator Emeritus
fused

dog wrote:
no problem, a year or so ago my wife made the mistake of applying for a pif charge card with amex that had a 100 dollar or so annual fee...she canceled it when i explained to her what the deal was.  she now has a delta.

I have a high AF with my card but I don't care. I earn 2 points for every $1 I charge with my Gold card with Amex partners. I transfer all points to my Continental One Pass FF program. The rewards far outweigh the AF, at least for me.
Credit Cards:
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K
Established Contributor
dog

my wife, on the other hand, would sooner chew off her own hand than pull a credit card out and use it.  i am finally about to convince her that she should put a tank of gas on her delta skymiles every now and then to improve her scores.

fused111 wrote:

I have a high AF with my card but I don't care. I earn 2 points for every $1 I charge with my Gold card with Amex partners. I transfer all points to my Continental One Pass FF program. The rewards far outweigh the AF, at least for me.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+