Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX creditsecure?

tag
hautemama
Regular Contributor

AMEX creditsecure?

I have a question.. What exactly does the PLUS score mean? And how accurate are the "fakos" from credit secure??  Is this plus score since it is fm Experian, close to the real deal? Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX creditsecure?

The PLUS score means a plus in Experian's bank balances. (Sorry, j/k.) The only lender that uses PLUS scores that I'm aware of is Prosper.com, and they use a tweaked version. Otherwise, it's a FAKO just like all the other FAKO's.

Many consumers have this vague sort of knowledge that they are supposed to know something about their credit reports and scores. So they go to the CRA websites to pull their scores, and the CRA's obligingly offer to sell them their "credit scores." No better than a scam, as far as I'm concerned.

Many FAKO's don't even use the same score range as FICO's, so even if their formulas were similar to the FICO formulas (which they're not), the scores don't translate.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.