Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX gave me a christmas gift!!!

tag
missgamecock
Contributor

AMEX gave me a christmas gift!!!

They deleted my collection account off Experian!!!!!! Ok it sucks to lose the 3 year account, but I would MUCH rather get it off my account!! YEAH. It is still showing on TU as paid charge off and on EQ (my nemesis) as a 120 day late pay/collection/derogatory paid. So I am hoping that they remove from EQ and TU as well. I think my goodwill letter worked. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It didn't change my fako any for EX, however, I have noticed sometimes it takes a day or two to catch on. I would imagine a collection paid that was a year old would that was removed would count for some points right??

Message Edited by missgamecock on 12-26-2007 03:47 PM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX gave me a christmas gift!!!

cool! 1 down 2 to go.
Message 2 of 12
missgamecock
Contributor

If they deleted off EX, will they delete off EQ and TU??? OH MAN I REALLY REALLY HOPE SO!!! I guess we will know in a few weeks. I liked seeing no derogs on EX today!!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@missgamecock wrote:
They deleted my collection account off Experian!!!!!! Ok it sucks to lose the 3 year account, but I would MUCH rather get it off my account!! YEAH. It is still showing on TU as paid charge off and on EQ (my nemesis) as a 120 day late pay/collection/derogatory paid. So I am hoping that they remove from EQ and TU as well. I think my goodwill letter worked. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It didn't change my fako any for EX, however, I have noticed sometimes it takes a day or two to catch on. I would imagine a collection paid that was a year old would that was removed would count for some points right??

If the 3 year old account is a chargeoff then it's a plus to lose it and it shouldn't "suck". Or so I thought.

Am I missing something here?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Congrats!! I know how you feel, having a collection removed and all. Did they agree to remove or did it just happen? If they agreed to remove, then the others will probably update as well. GL
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@missgamecock wrote:

If the 3 year old account is a chargeoff then it's a plus to lose it and it shouldn't "suck". Or so I thought.

The reason it probably sucks is because she is losing the age on the account, it might be her oldest TL.
Message 6 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@missgamecock wrote:

Funny things happen with scoring. It's like an iceberg --10% above the surface and 90% below. Plus: losing the collection. Minus: losing the TL and its three-year history. Mystery: possible reassignment to new score bucket, if this were the only serious derog on this CRA.

I'm guessing that net, it's a big plus, since this collection is less than a year old.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking it's a much bigger plus than negative. Losing 3 years is hard if you have limited credit but if it's a chargeoff then it's useless. I have chargeoffs that are 7 years old and still can't get a loan for my business. Not easy waiting for them to fall off and fighting to get them removed since Equifax and Experian had the wrong dates on them.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eddie it is a bigger plus, that is why she said it was Christmas gift.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah she did say that didn't she...

That's what I said she said Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.