Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX not reporting Credit Limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX not reporting Credit Limit?

I have heard AMEX does not report credit limits...is this true? If so, how can agencies establish you are using 10% or less of your credit, if they aren't reporting a CL?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX not reporting Credit Limit?

What card do you have with AMEX?

is it a one of their cards with no pre-set spending limit aka a charge card? If so, they report the statement balance and you appear to have high ulti. If it's one of their other cards, such as the blue where you actually have a limit. Call and ask them why they aren't reporting the actual limit.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm speaking somewhat in ignorance here--I just applied for the card and was accepted with $1000 limit. It's the AMEX delta rewards card. Does anyone have the AMEX Delta miles card or another AMEX card like it?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Delta Skymiles card through AMEX. It does report the credit limit as it's not a charge card and you can carry a balance if need be.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm speaking somewhat in ignorance here--I just applied for the card and was accepted with $1000 limit. It's the AMEX delta rewards card. Does anyone have the AMEX Delta miles card or another AMEX card like it?

You must have missed the 4 page thread on this topic last week.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah I did, I just joined yesterday...what is this topic calleD?
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=10347&jump=true

For those who have been recently approved for the AMEX Delta...
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read that whole thread...I guess there they are talking mostly about CLI's and approval, not talking about whether AMEX reports CL or not on the Delta card. But are you guys saying they do? If so great, if not, I need a strategy to work this card to increase my credit as fast as possible
Message 8 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

rifleman wrote:
I read that whole thread...I guess there they are talking mostly about CLI's and approval, not talking about whether AMEX reports CL or not on the Delta card. But are you guys saying they do? If so great, if not, I need a strategy to work this card to increase my credit as fast as possible

Be patient.. Amex is generous and will give you CLIs every 30 days!
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey I'm sorry I guess I'm not making myself clear. I'm not interested in CLI's with AMEX I'm just interested whether they report your CL to equifax, experian, transunion. I know Capital One does not report CL's to the credit agencies, and it has messed up people's fico scores. Why? Because they can't gauge how much of your credit you are using. Instead Capital one reports a HIGH BALANCE. So in a sense that is the only thing the credit agencies have to judge you by--how much credit you use each month in relation to your HIGH BALANCE. So say your highest balance was $200--now if next month you use $20 that is already 10% of utilization. Does this make sense? I just wonder if AMEX does the same thing, or if when you look at your credit report, can you actually see AMEX reporting a credit limit?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.