cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPLIED BANK Threatening pay now or additional $500 in fees!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

APPLIED BANK Threatening pay now or additional $500 in fees!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

FIRST I WANT TO SAY THANKS! IM UP 8 POINTS ALREADY ON MY CREDIT SCORES

WOOHOOO! ONLY 100 MORE TO GO Smiley Happy

PLEASE READ BELOW AND ADVISE

Ok this is my situation i use to have a cross country cc they sold it to applied bank due to non payment (charge off account). 
I received a phone call from them today saying if I dont pay it by the end of the month they are turning it over to a lawyer and the lawyer is going to add 500$ in fees??? CAN THEY DO THIS? 
Also he said if I pay the full amount by Jan 31 he will mark paid in full and current on my credit report it will be a 01 status instead of an 09.  He transferred to this so called lawyer when I asked if I could pay after FEb 1.  This lawyer was sooooooooo rude.  Asked me where I was getting the money to pay it and for my bank account info so i hung up.

DOFD is 12/2005
SOL is 3 years
Owed 1200$

I cannot DV them because of my SOL.  Should I pay them in full?

PLEASE ADVISE ME ON HOW I SHOULD HANDLE.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Re: APPLIED BANK Threatening pay now or additional $500 in fees!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

I am curious why you are afraid to DV them?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPLIED BANK Threatening pay now or additional $500 in fees!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Who is the CA?

Some are bigger bullies than others.

Might help to know who it is too, and see if others have dealings with them and be able to give advise from personal experience.

Duh, I see it now... yes, it's time for sleep and eye appointment. I was thinking applied bank is ccc.

Message Edited by stef37 on 01-28-2008 09:05 PM
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 2 year charge off ($1400)with Applied bank 3 years ago. They tried all of that crap with me but they saw i wasn't gonna back down. I finally got them to do a pfd and all traces of Applied bank is no longer on my reports. The problem I see with u is talking on the phone with them is a waste of time. I started ignoring the phone calls and used the mail are a fax machine. I wrote my brother a pfd letter and his reports are now clean. Make sure you get everything in writing and record every phone call. I don't really no if they are for real when they made a threat to take you to court but i took the chance that they were just tryna scare me
Message 4 of 11
granny031350
Established Contributor

I believe that Cross Country was bought out by Applied and they are even worse than First Premier when it comes to adding fees.  My daughter has this card with a 500 limit and with the late fees, the balance was just going up and up.  They called her and also offered to removed the negatives from her credit report if she paid the 500 she was over the limit.  With some budget rearranging (she stopped her IRS withholding for 2 months and I helped her out some) she came up with the money to make it happen.  And they did remove all negatives from her credit report.  This card will be paid off for her in March.  They closed it already so no more fees once it is paid off. This card is awful!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

SInce they ARE threatening to sue - I would DV them (everything has to come to a crashing halt until they validate per FTC opinion letter).  If they do validate (all this info is required in court) - you at least have some of what they may throw at you in advance.

In this case I would use Lonnster's DV letter - more forceful.

AND STAY OFF THE PHONE WITH THEM!
Message 6 of 11
glamchick
Established Contributor

Wow thanks for all the replies... But to respond to someones question I cannot DV them because its within my SOL.  Even more chance for them to sue me. 

Can they really add on $500 in fees?

The collection agency that is buying this account is called Financial Recovery Services.

Another question i have is if I do pay it in full and they put it in writing that he will mark it on my CR "CURRENT PAID IN FULL"  and change it to an 01 ranking, would this help my report? 

Thanks again.... these CA's scare me for some reason Smiley Sad
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 7 of 11
glamchick
Established Contributor

Another thing I meant to add above...... I asked the CA (applied bank) if for a PFD and he said they are not authorized to delete but once I pay in full and I dipute it with the CRA then applied bank doesnt care anymore... they will delete it.  Is this true?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can't threaten to sue unless they INTEND to sue - reasonable person believe that if sent to a lawyer that is the intent. Violation.

You CAN DV within SOL if you can afford to pay if they get crappy and sue.  However they cannot pursue collection activity (and suing you is considered collection activity) until they have validated.

You are alredy considering paying them - so if need be you could pay to head off a lawsuit. 

DV THEM!!! 
Buy yourself some time  at the least...
Message 9 of 11
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thank you Lady_scarlet... I almost sent them a PFD yesterday but something told me not to.  I will send a DV out today!
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.