Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED

tag
CHBH
Established Member

APPROVED

Yup,last month my wife and I tried to get prequalified for a home loan,my wifes credit score was 606,but we needed a 620 min..So the loan officer reccomended that I add her to my good standing Visa credit card.We did this,and she repulled her credit today,and it jumped up to 652!! How cool is that? So as of now,we are looking for a house to buy..Yesterday i called my walmart credit card which is also in good standing with a low credit utilization, to add my wife as a authorized user.Well its not showing up on her credit as of yet,but will this have a negative impact on my wifes score? Its about 5 years old,never had a late payment, cl $3800 with a $120 balance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED

It shouldn't. You are mainly talking about Credit Utilization here.

Utilization = Total Debt / Total Credit

Increasing your total credit is one of the cheapest ways to boost your score in a hurry.

Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: APPROVED

@CHBH wrote:

Yup,last month my wife and I tried to get prequalified for a home loan,my wifes credit score was 606,but we needed a 620 min..So the loan officer reccomended that I add her to my good standing Visa credit card.We did this,and she repulled her credit today,and it jumped up to 652!! How cool is that? So as of now,we are looking for a house to buy..Yesterday i called my walmart credit card which is also in good standing with a low credit utilization, to add my wife as a authorized user.Well its not showing up on her credit as of yet,but will this have a negative impact on my wifes score? Its about 5 years old,never had a late payment, cl $3800 with a $120 balance.

Adding an AU will help her credit as long as the account doesn't default or have late payments...as long as it remains positive she will benefit from being an AU

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.