Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARGH PALISADES COLLECTION AGENCY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ARGH PALISADES COLLECTION AGENCY

Hi Everyone -

Palisades Collection Agency is reporting on my credit that I owe them. I disputed this more than a year ago, they removed it but recently reported it again. When I initially disputed I contacted the original creditor, they claimed the account was from and the creditor sent a letter stating they dont have such an account for me.

Each time I call Palisades they tell me the same thing: "The creditor is going to say they dont have an account because they dont have it on file any more." I asked them to send proof of the account from the paper work they have, they said they would but never did.

Each time I call they place me on hold and never come back to the phone. I just hung up after being on hold for more than 5 minutes.

What do I do?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ARGH PALISADES COLLECTION AGENCY

Rule #1: never, ever, ever, talk to a CA (specially nasty ones) - only send CMRRR mail

Rule #2: follow rule #1 and keep a paper trail

If you followed the rules, you should be able to:

1. Threaten Palisades with willful non-compiance of FDCPA for collecting an unvalidated account

2. Threaten the CRA with willful non-compliance of FCRA for re-reporting without providing you a  five days statutory notice

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ARGH PALISADES COLLECTION AGENCY

Send them a DV  CMRRR     They are barfbags!!!  They have been reported many times and somes states have banned them.  Check your state & if CAs must be licensed  see if they are!!!

Everything must be in writting even if it is a different CA!!!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.