Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARS / IDA reports ?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

ARS / IDA reports ?

Is it possible to request a copy of the ARS and IDA reports as consumer? If so how? Can it be done online?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: ARS / IDA reports ?

Can't be done online, you will have to send a letter requesting the freeze to both bureaus. The address and instructions are listed online. Simply google

freezing ARS / IDA reports and you will get the mailing address as well as the instructions.    (I can't provide a direct link because it may be against forum rules)

Message 2 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

Can't be done online, you will have to send a letter requesting the freeze to both bureaus. The address and instructions are listed online. Simply google

freezing ARS / IDA reports and you will get the mailing address as well as the instructions.    (I can't provide a direct link because it may be against forum rules)

Thanks..get the point ....so far I have not been able to find addresses to request my own report. This is what I would like to do first and if these bureau refuse to let me look at my own file then I will request a freeze. I want to see what others have on file for me and if I am not allowed to view my own file then others should not see it either therefore the FREEZE idea.  Wish there would be a law that not only lets you look once a year on TU,EX,EQ but also on any of such bureau.....who knows how many more collect infos from us and we have no idea  because we do no even know about them.....I hate thatSmiley Mad

Message 3 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

Go to this link and you should find the instructions and the form letters, http://hackmytrip.com/2013/06/freeze-ida-ars-us-bank-club-carlson/

Message 4 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the link.  I wish there would be another way than to send all the sensitive info to some kind of bureau I have never heard of before. I guess they want to make sure customers to NOT request their own reports. I hate the idea of all this info sent by snail mail.

Message 5 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

I froze both of mine a few months back. i sent both requests via U.S. Priority mail with signature or you can try to call and see if you can fax them directly.

Message 6 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

I froze both of mine a few months back. i sent both requests via U.S. Priority mail with signature

thanks. I am shocked on who is collecting data from consumers...ARS is not even on that list Smiley Surprised

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201207_cfpb_list_consumer-reporting-agencies.pdf

I will request the reports first and if denied my own reports then the request for freeze will be a guaranted  consequence for them. It is quite strange that so many get rejected at the CC card due ARS (at least from US Bank denial letters) so I want to see what is on that report. I will not app as it is the wrong time for me now but maybe in a year or so.

PS: Did you ever look at your reports before freezing ? If so what else is on ARS that is not on TU,EX,EQ ?

Message 7 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@alvon123 wrote:

I froze both of mine a few months back. i sent both requests via U.S. Priority mail with signature

thanks. I am shocked on who is collecting data from consumers...ARS is not even on that list Smiley Surprised

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201207_cfpb_list_consumer-reporting-agencies.pdf

I will request the reports first and if denied my own reports then the request for freeze will be a guaranted  consequence for them. It is quite strange that so many get rejected at the CC card due ARS (at least from US Bank denial letters) so I want to see what is on that report. I will not app as it is the wrong time for me now but maybe in a year or so.

PS: Did you ever look at your reports before freezing ? If so what else is on ARS that is not on TU,EX,EQ ?

There is also another agency that you may want to freeze, it is called Innovis.(you can do this online)

https://www.innovis.com/InnovisWeb/pers_orderCreditReport.html

Message 8 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Thanks a lot. I will order copies from all 3 and then request a freeze once I know what is on it myself.  ...I like to keep control who requests my info..LOL

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.