Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T Bill from Year 2000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AT&T Bill from Year 2000

I recently purchased an iPhone and was denied setup the account via ATT. When I inquired, ATT said that I had a past due balance of $638 and would have to pay the balance first before signing up. When I left ATT for another carrier I paid the balance which was no more than the regular monthly charge. That was in 2000. But I do not have a record of that payment.

My questions are: 1. Do I have a recourse? 2. I know that past accounts are dropped on a credit report after 7 years, so should I wait until the charge drops? And even if that were possible, would ATT keep that balance on their record and insist I would have to pay anyway? 3. Did the inquiry on the ATT account change the date when the charge would drop from my credit report?

I would like to continue with ATT since I have already purchased the phone and ATT is the only carrier iPhone authorizes.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AT&T Bill from Year 2000

The DOFD will not change. If it was in 2000  it should drop in 2007.

Is this on your CR??  if so, look at TU or EX  for the drop date or call the CRAs.

If it isn't reported   either it already dropped or was never reported.

ATT might keep a blacklist   but I have not heard of it.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.