Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T Denied Credit.

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

AT&T Denied Credit.

My sister went to AT&T and in order to get the Next Program,m they require a credit pull, we thought ok thats fine, guy comes back saying she didnt qualify, 5 days later their letter comes back showing "Key factors affecting your AT&T credit score include":

• Number of Collectios  (DONT AGREE)
  • Number of Rcent Inquiries (agree)
  • Number of Utility Inquiries  (agree)
  • Percent of Trades Recently Satisfactory (agree)

Currently monitoring her EQ credit report and score via Equifax.com and there is no collections so why would AT&T say collection?

Scoring is 001-999

and she scored 892.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AT&T Denied Credit.

Interesting...
Message 2 of 35
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting...

It really is, so we aren't sure if we should worry or let it go?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 35
starry1
Valued Contributor

I am not a fan of AT&T at all.  They act like they are a prime bank when all they are doing is providing a utility service.  I'd just move on to another carrier if I were you.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 4 of 35
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

I am not a fan of AT&T at all.  They act like they are a prime bank when all they are doing is providing a utility service.  I'd just move on to another carrier if I were you.

We decided to leave the store after getting turned down because it was to expensive with out the program, it sucks Im 20 and havn't had a phone of my own so what I decided to do is save up money that way I can pay the phone I want and not worry about a contract, I really wanted the Nexus 6 really really bad, but next time.

But we should just forget about the "collections" part because EQ is clearly showing "0" collections.

Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not just put it on a credit card
Message 6 of 35
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Because CCs arent being used at the moment, we are paying them down, so using CCs is a no go. Paying the consequences Smiley Sad , so if i have to take out at least $50 every pay check then I will because a cell phone is what I want most at the moment.

Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooookay then. Good luck in your endeavours.
Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Because CCs arent being used at the moment, we are paying them down, so using CCs is a no go. Paying the consequences Smiley Sad , so if i have to take out at least $50 every pay check then I will because a cell phone is what I want most at the moment.

Ah to be 20 years old again, a point in time when the greatest need in life is a CELL PHONE. Smiley Surprised

Message 9 of 35
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yes I actually went to AMAZON.com and got a Motorola G 2, it was $30 off original price.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.