New Contributor
billiards

AT&T Inquiries

Just for FYI AT&T does a hard pull for new cellular service.
I put all my bills in a hat each month and keep drawing names and paying bills until there's no money left. If you don't stop harassing me, your name won't go in the hat!
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

Re: AT&T Inquiries

Oh Boy!!! I can complain about Cingular again!!!!!!!! Don't add a line BTW - results in another hard pull. :smileysad:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
New Contributor
billiards

Kinda sucks! "No, we won't report to the bureaus that you pay on time. However, if you don't, we'll nail you!"

When is congress going to make it mandatory that if a company can report you for derogs then, they have to report the positives?

For certain things, such as, a house, auto....things that the dealership (for whatever product) is going to handle setting up financing for you, I can see letting them do a hard pull. But, for other goods and services, i.e. cell phones, insurance, rental property, etc. they should only be allowed a soft pull.

IMHO
DJ
I put all my bills in a hat each month and keep drawing names and paying bills until there's no money left. If you don't stop harassing me, your name won't go in the hat!
Regular Contributor
flyers

Does AT&T/Cingular do a hard pull when your contract has already expired and then you come in 1 day to buy a new updated phone and they re-enlist you for 2 more years?
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

I would fight it. Contact ATT and ask to remove, non permission. Dispute with CRA.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Moderator Emeritus
fused

ilovepizza wrote:
I would fight it. Contact ATT and ask to remove, non permission. Dispute with CRA.

But they do have PP! It's in the fine print.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Regular Contributor
ah32

This just ticks me off.  I have Sprint.  I'm not happy whatsoever, yet I don't want another hard pull on my credit.  I had pulls from Directv and Dish network at the beginning of the year.  Dish network even pulled my credit twice during three days! They are not for "credit seeking purposes" and therefore should only be soft pulls. 
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Wondering how the ATT inquiry was treated. How many points were you hit for?
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

For me, it was just another two inqs. But they were EQ, and nearly everyone seems to pull EQ, so EQ was very upset. Roll on September 13th :smileyvery-happy:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Regular Contributor
Pants

[ Edited ]
My next question is when a company does a "soft pull" does the soft pull give them more limited information than a hard pull? What makes a company choose a hard pull over a soft pull?

I can't recall seeing hard pulls on my report from Directv. I had them for about 7 years. I just dropped Directv this weekend. I like Directv but it was costing me almost $80.00 a month for basic on 3 TV's. I didn't have any extra movie channels or anything. Just the $5.99 a month protection plan. For $50.00 a month I got basic on 3 TV's with HBO and Cinemax with cable. Only disadvantage, I get a lot  less channels. BUT, I really only watched a half dozen of the channels anyway. Having a wide selection of channels is fun to have, but it was a whole lot of nothing.. LOL

I had Cellular One for about 10 years. I DON'T like them. But, I haven't noticed any hard pulls when I renewed my contract. Only 10 years ago when I first signed on with them. Cellular One changed the terms of my contract in the middle of my term.  My conract said free incoming messages, they all of a sudden started charging 10 cents for incoming text messages. Not that I really use text messages. Just the point they have a right to change the terms of a contract in mid term.

By the way should I change my username to Grumpy Old Man? LOL

Message Edited by Pants on 07-16-2007 10:20 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}