Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T hit

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

AT&T hit

Is AT&T a hard hit and how much will it affect me?  I got cable & internet service with them but had no idea they would hit my report.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AT&T hit

Are you asking about a hard pull for a new mobile phone contract ? Most hard pulls would be a relatively small score ding, like under 10 pts, but YMMV.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
babbles
Established Contributor

It was for cable internet service not mobile phone service.    I thought I put down what it was in the original post.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When a consumer initiates a business transaction, even though it does not involve the specfic extension of monetary credit, the business can pull your credit report as long as they can assert a "legitimate business need" for the information.  Extension of goods or services that could potentially go unpaid usually constitute a legitimate business need.

Such a transaction can be coded as a so-called "hard pull," as it is has express permissible purpose under FCRA 604.  "Soft pull" coding is discretionary, and the way a business or creditor is able to do that is a mystery that remains unknown, at least to me.  It is unregulated under the FCRA.

Message 4 of 5
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

@babbles wrote:

It was for cable internet service not mobile phone service.    I thought I put down what it was in the original post.

Yes it will be a hard pull

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.