Regular Contributor
babbles

AT&T hit

Is AT&T a hard hit and how much will it affect me?  I got cable & internet service with them but had no idea they would hit my report.  Thanks.

pizzadude

Re: AT&T hit

Are you asking about a hard pull for a new mobile phone contract ? Most hard pulls would be a relatively small score ding, like under 10 pts, but YMMV.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Regular Contributor
babbles

[ Edited ]

It was for cable internet service not mobile phone service.    I thought I put down what it was in the original post.

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

When a consumer initiates a business transaction, even though it does not involve the specfic extension of monetary credit, the business can pull your credit report as long as they can assert a "legitimate business need" for the information.  Extension of goods or services that could potentially go unpaid usually constitute a legitimate business need.

Such a transaction can be coded as a so-called "hard pull," as it is has express permissible purpose under FCRA 604.  "Soft pull" coding is discretionary, and the way a business or creditor is able to do that is a mystery that remains unknown, at least to me.  It is unregulated under the FCRA.

Regular Contributor
Steelersfan904

babbles wrote:

It was for cable internet service not mobile phone service.    I thought I put down what it was in the original post.

Yes it will be a hard pull

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+