Regular Contributor

AT&t wireless

What kind of scores do you have to have to gt approved for this without having a deposit.  Which CRA do they pull.  Thanks
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AT&t wireless

Try www.whogavemecredit.com using AT&T as your search -- fun little site!

Peas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure the kind of scores you'll need are the ones that aren't like mines was. They checked EXP which has a score of 566 (due to a re-aged account), and they also checked TU and EQ and I have no score with TU and EQ (a lot of stuff dropped off), either way I was required to put a $300 deposit when I signed-up in October. I just wanted to give you an idea of what my score did for me :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor

FWIW....................I signed up about 4 years ago, and I don't know if they pulled any CR. I know they do not report - at least I have never seen an item on any CR from them.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I did the app online, I think I was approved without a deposit because I was able to finish the process without it telling me I needed a deposit.  When I attempted to do it in my boyfriend's name it said he did not quailfy ( credit score too low). Then i later recieved an email that said welcome to AT&T and that my phone would be shipped out in 3-5 days.  The only reason i went to them is for the free phone. I hate the idea of having a contract.  But oh well.
Valued Contributor

it will be interesting to see if AT & T reports your account to the CRA's. I think the only time they report is if the customer becomes delinquent. 
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Frequent Contributor

They will not report unless your account goes delinquent/goes into collections. The only things that show-up are their inquiries.
Established Contributor

can you get around the credit check and depsit giving them a credit card as payment method?

I Don't need their credit when i have free credit to pay for their for their Services
People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS
Valued Member

Have to put my $.02 in here.

AT&T cell service is absolutely horrible.  (At least here in the Washington, DC region)  I highly suggest going with another carrier as their customer service is terrible as well.  I am counting the days down to April when my contract is up so I can switch to Verizon Wireless.

FWIW, they do not report to the CB unless you're late.

On a side note, on a trip to Pittsburgh over Christmas to visit the in laws, I noticed my cell phone worked in the Alleghany Mountain Tunnel the whole way through.  Must be repeaters in there.  I thought that was pretty cool.
Frequent Contributor

I don't think you can get around the credit check, it's something they seem so to do whenever anyone wants to open an account.

As for AT&T service, I have the opposite opinion, they're good in nyc and I have very little contact with their customer service, besides paying my bill on time.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}