Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU Accounts

Does anyone know whether or not the CB who will stop recognizing AU's in September will invalidate AU accounts prior to the new program date or AU accounts that begin in September after the switch?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU Accounts

cfstr1 wrote:
Does anyone know whether or not the CB who will stop recognizing AU's in September will invalidate AU accounts prior to the new program date or AU accounts that begin in September after the switch?

No confirmation on the CRA yet! Many here think it will be EQ though.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

all indications are that no au accounts, old or new, will be used in calculating scores.

cfstr1 wrote:

Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yep.. my money is on EQ for Sept. It is my understanding that AU accounts will still report, but they will be exempt from score calculations. It's going to be interesting to see how the CCCs, CRAs and MyFICO is going to differentiate between AU and non-AU accounts. My first thought is any account with the notation "Authorized user" would be the determining factor. Problem is not all AU accounts show this notation. Seems to me the only way to accurately achieve their goal would be with new CRA subscription codes (assuming  the CCC does not decide to simply stop reporting for AUs).. Should be interesting.
Message 4 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Tuscani wrote:
Yep.. my money is on EQ for Sept. It is my understanding that AU accounts will still report, but they will be exempt from score calculations. It's going to be interesting to see how the CCCs, CRAs and MyFICO is going to differentiate between AU and non-AU accounts. My first thought is any account with the notation "Authorized user" would be the determining factor. Problem is not all AU accounts show this notation. Seems to me the only way to accurately achieve their goal would be with new CRA subscription codes (assuming  the CCC does not decide to simply stop reporting for AUs).. Should be interesting.

Posters are also reporting some CCCs such as CITI are no longer accepting joint account apps.Smiley Sad This is unfortunate as this is a possible way for an AU to become a joint account holder and maybe avoid a major drop in their FICO scores.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:

Posters are also reporting some CCCs such as CITI are no longer accepting joint account apps.Smiley Sad This is unfortunate as this is a possible way for an AU to become a joint account holder and maybe avoid a major drop in their FICO scores.

HSBC didn't say they don't do joint accounts, but they say they wouldn't convert. It's a Levitz furniture store card with a $5K CL.

I think I'm going to lean on them a bit "as my wife and I will soon be buying a home and will be in need of some new furniture. I sincerely hope HSBC would be willing to work with us. We would look favorably on your assistance in the near future when we are again furniture shopping."
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
It's going to be interesting to see how the CCCs, CRAs and MyFICO is going to differentiate between AU and non-AU accounts. My first thought is any account with the notation "Authorized user" would be the determining factor. Problem is not all AU accounts show this notation. Seems to me the only way to accurately achieve their goal would be with new CRA subscription codes (assuming  the CCC does not decide to simply stop reporting for AUs).. Should be interesting.

Seems they are conveying it in some way already. On TC, checking both mine and DW's, some are noted as JOINT, others as INDIVIDUAL, and still others as AUTHORIZED USER. That's how we picked up on DW as an AU on our Wells Fargo VISA.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.