Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU Question

I need to add my fiancee to two of my credit card accounts. When I add him to my account will it report to his CR as soon as he's added or at the statement closing date when they report everything else?

Thanks,

Jazz

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: AU Question

What are those banks? I dont believe that all the CCs report AU a/cs. I know Capital 1 does. And so does HSBC. I dont know but am very sceptical apropos BOA. I think CITI does too.

My brother added me up on his BOA card a little over a month back and its still not on there on my reports. We have the same last name. Not the same address but I went and listed his address as one of my previous addresses on TR and EXP. EQ is automatic I believe when they receive the card statement. Still waiting...

BTW, does anybody have any idea at all about how they report AU a/cs without the SSN? I guess its one of those methods that are shady. 

Message Edited by nothingman02 on 03-12-2009 06:12 AM
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are Citi and 1st Premier. I used to work for BOA and I know for a fact that they report AU's but you have to make sure that they have your SSN on file. They can add an AU either with or without it but its very hard for them to report if they don't have your SSN.
Message 3 of 9
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Interesting. So I just call and give them my SSN? I have first premier and I was gonna add my wife on it but I called before I did to check and they said they would not report AU a/cs and that she would have to get her own card. Given that they give their cards to everybody and at a substantial fee i believe them.

No direct information about CITI but Ive read on forums that they do report AU. 

But now I am thinking everybody does as long as the SSN is provided? 

I had called BOA too before i became an AU and I got a bunch of mixed/conflicting responses. MOst said they dont, some said they will and some said they will but its not going to help my score. None of them had anymore answers and I knew better than to ask them 'difficult' questions. The supervisor I called on the backdoor number told me that it will most certainly be reported. So we went ahead and i was added as an AU. But still waiting now.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, 1st Premier sucks. I'm suprised they didn't charge you a fee for that phone call. If he has to get his own account then forget them. I still wish I would have never opened that account, but w/e. Its good to hear that at least Citi reports. But with BOA and I'm sure with most other CC call centers they will not give you any information or offer any services that you did not explicitly ask for unless is like a balance transfer or something else they can get a bonus off of. But if you didn't offer your SSN they probably didn't ask because they are trying to keep they're call time down.
Message 5 of 9
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Thanks jazz. I am going to call them now and right away come to the point. I am going to provide them my SSN and tell them to put it on file and also report my account. Well I cant 'tell' them to report it but I suppose they will. Can they refuse to put my SSN on file? Should get their secured card so that they get my SSN too and will start reporting both the secured and the AU cards?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if you would be able to make the call because your only an AU and they usually don't let AU's make changes to the account but since its your SSN they might, IDK. To be safe I would just get the account holder to call. And I'm not really sure what opening a new account would accomplish. Can't help you there buddy.
Message 7 of 9
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

No problem. You have helped me already Smiley Happy. I am going to ask my bro to call them and give them my SSN. Thanks. And hope it works out for you good with CITI.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.