cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Removal, Credit Report Update (or lack thereof)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU Removal, Credit Report Update (or lack thereof)

I have a Citibank credit card that I am carrying a balance on that DW was an AU on.  When the balance hit her report, she lost a few FICO points.  Since (as I hope we all understand) the card won't be used for any purchases until the balance is PIF, I removed her as an AU, hoping to get her score back up. 

When we check her reports through TC, though, it was only removed from EX.  TU and EQ still show balance of $7002, with a report date of 11/04/2008 for TU and 11/2008 for EQ.  The statement recently closed and should have been reported around 12/4 (with a lower balance), but it's not updating (I haven't checked my own reports, but I'm pretty sure they reported.  How do we remove this account from her report?  Should we talk to Citibank first, or dispute the account, or just wait it out a little longer?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU Removal, Credit Report Update (or lack thereof)

What's your statement date for Citi? You should give it 7-10 days for it to report beyond the statement date. The CRAs are not automatic, by any means. If they report a date in Dec for them, then, I would go ahead and have your DW to dispute as "not mine."

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last statement date was 12/4.  I don't think they will report for her again.  Do they need to update for her to dispute?  At worst, once the balance is paid off (in April), I'll just add her back on as an AU, but I'd rather have her report update sooner than that.
Message 3 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Once you see it hit your reports, then check hers. If there is a trace of it on there, then have her dispute as not mine.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not monitoring my credit reports, I only use MFSW, so I won't know when they've reported.  However, they were usually reporting on her reports right after the billing cycle closing date, on the 4th or 5th.  If there is no update by January 15th, we'll dispute.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I paid the balance down (actually, OFF, as of this morning) I added her back as an AU a few weeks ago, and they are now reporting properly.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.