Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUs and Credit Karma??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AUs and Credit Karma??

I  know this is probably the wrong place but does anyone know if CK disregards AU accounts? My husband is an AU on 4 of my accounts all of which are 6 months old or more but CK says that his file is too thin to calculate a score? (And yes I know for a fact that all four are showing on his report). He has 3 baddies that will be falling off this month/next month and I really wanted to use CK to watch his TU report.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AUs and Credit Karma??

@Anonymous wrote:

I  know this is probably the wrong place but does anyone know if CK disregards AU accounts? My husband is an AU on 4 of my accounts all of which are 6 months old or more but CK says that his file is too thin to calculate a score? (And yes I know for a fact that all four are showing on his report). He has 3 baddies that will be falling off this month/next month and I really wanted to use CK to watch his TU report.

Yes, I believe that CK doesn't include AU accounts.   There are many differences between FICO scores and FAKO scores like CK, there is really no way to correlate them.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For parts of the CK fako AU acconts are ignored so he doesn't have enough TL's that are his to get a score. Once he has accounts that are his, he will get a score and they will look at AU cards for UTL and AAoA purposes. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 8
alboto
Regular Contributor

I was getting the same error with CK and I was AU in my 2 DW cards. I went ahead and opened a credit card with C1 then right after I was approved I went into CK again, was able to go in I even saw the Inq from C1.

I had only one card on my own at the time, which was a Bestbuy store Card.

Message 4 of 8
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Mine shows up but I closed my AU accounts and  CreditKarma will never update it. It has been a few months since I closed Au accounts and they still show up. I got my credit report from fico.com a while back and it was showing closed. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an AU account I was removed from in Jan-2010 and my CK still shows it as open. All three of my CRs show it as a terminated relationship. That is why I was confused I know they list the AU accounts but I didn't know why with 4 AU accounts he still had a thin file.

Message 6 of 8
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

I was added as an authorized user and only found out via creditkarma. I was added in May 4, it showed up in June. When did you add him? It might take until the next closing date.

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify I know the CK score is a FAKO I just wanted to use it for the daily pulls to mointer because he has 4 baddies that will be falling off between now and the end of the year.

DH has been an AU for a couple of months and I know it is showing on his reports because we have Citi identity monitor. CK continues to say his file is thin and to check back later so it won't show me anything.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.