Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVANT Loan APPROVED!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AVANT Loan APPROVED!!!!

Not the best loan comapny but by far not the worst!!!!   $10,600 at 28% ... they pulled me at 697 EXP!  WOOOOOO!!  I wil lbe paying this off WAY EARLIER than scheduled -- monthly payments are $360, I will double pay each month -- no prepayment penalty and no extra fees or balloon payment.  Using the funds to pay off all but one CC and lower my UTIL to 3-4% overall.  Then SDing all but one card for daily use!!!  I have $58,000 in credit lines, and $7800 in credit debt.  This is going to help me huge, and boom my score right up!  :-) 

Using the other $4000 for life events...Now i know many would scoff at 28% APR, but, it is what it is...Im not over 700 score (though I was), and far from 800 club so I take what I get ... honestly it isnt nearly as bad as others i saw - 69%, 200%, 300%!!!!  LOL nooope!  My CU wouldnt approve me because all my income isnt taxable -- Avant only called me at my job to verify my employment, looked at one bank statmeent showing $13,000 in deposits from DEC and BOOM!!!! They were going to charge me like 20% initerest anyway -- for a CU thats crazy given my scores.  HOWEVER they also were pullinh my FICO 04 which are WAYYY LOWER!!!!  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AVANT Loan APPROVED!!!!

I was horrified when I saw that rate, to the point where I wondered if you had missed a decimal point. But it sounds like you're going in with your eyes open, so I'll just leave it at that.

I do applaud you for making double payments! If you stick to that, you'll pay it off in about 18 months instead of 48. That's a pretty good discount (in terms of time to pay it off) for being aggressive with it. Good job on that!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea others here have gotten these loans too .. CAPTOOL can chime in !  :-)  Like I said, paying double per month so im not really worried.  With nearly ZERO CC debt now, car paid off and rent split with partner, I'm not worried -- the mix of the new loan will help my profile too.  Scores after paydown of my UTIL from 25% to 5% are estimated to take me to 720s at least, so im thrilled!!!!

My plan is to have this paid off within 24 months.  However, as a nurse, let me explain something else.  I view life very differently than most.  Nobody is guarnatted tomorrow, let alone 2 years from now...so interest doesnt really phase me.  I've seen many a people not make it home on their way home from work, or return from a vacation, or die in the middle of dinner .. so, like i said -- different priorities and viewpooints !  :-)

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They quoted me 35.91% with a Fico score of 819, and util of less than 2%.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you took it or no lol?? That's insane why even try with them with an 819
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So you took it or no lol?? That's insane why even try with them with an 819

Of course not. That's more than five times the APR I have on my Promise Financial loan. I just check all of the web based loan companies for research purposes.

Message 6 of 10
gibeon
Established Contributor

Joeyz, they will auto-pull your regular payment everyonth from the bank account that they push the original loan funds into.

To make double payments I recommend calling in every month and having them pull the payment and apply it towards the principle.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Gibeon. I actually prefer they auto pull as I have the most money in that acct.

I see WAY BETTER reviews for Avant than many others like Speingleaf for example. Lol
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I see Promise financial only did weddings
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Also I see Promise financial only did weddings

Nope. Weddings is their hook, but they loan for all the same things everybody else does.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.