Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely and utterly SHOCKED!!!!!

tag
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Absolutely and utterly SHOCKED!!!!!

O my gosh!!!  O my ....  whatever!!!!  I am absolutely shaking in my bare feet!  I mean ...  I've been watching the posts on American Express -- just as I did with Wamu -- and was tempted, you know?  But I thought, they'd never give me a card.  With that charge off?  With scores below 700, and under 3 years old, on average?  No way!  But then, I did it!  I went straight to AmEx Blue Cash, and you know what?  I was APPROVED!!!!  (screaming within myself!)  I can't believe it!!  And for $5000!!!  A prime card with a $5000 credit limit which will put to rest the matter of "low credit limits is lowering your score,"  right?  Isn't a card with a $5000 credit limit enough to positively affect my credit score?  And when will it do that?  Will it drop, initially, to begin with?  Wamu isn't even reporting yet, it's so new (4 months) and here's another one!  Will that hurt, and for how long? 

Here are my scores to date -- Experian Plus score:  694, Transunion Fico:  687, and MyFico:  677.  Sigh.  They are finally coming together, and I take that as a good sign -- though I would wonder what my EX Fico is.

O my gosh!!! 

If I have a heart attack -- it will be all  YOUR fault!  Smiley Happy  THANK YOU!

:-me, humbly grateful.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Absolutely and utterly SHOCKED!!!!!

Awesome!!! Good for you!Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet deal Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 22
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
Message 4 of 22
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

O, gosh!  You don't know what this means to me.  This betters my chance of higher scores so that when the house sells and I'm looking to buy another place, as I will have to and within 30 days, as my little boy is SSI and disabled, and would lose his benefits (medical I worry about) were I to hold onto any money, I won't have too much trouble qualifying on my own.  I won't have to put down huge deposits on lights, water, phone.  I stand a better chance of being approved for a new auto loan, so I won't have to worry about breaking down somewhere with the  kids while on our way to whereever it is that we will end up.  It means the next time glass breaks and doors slam so that pictures fall off the walls, I won't have to worry about utilization and can head on out the door, though I have to tell you that I have issues with Paris, and am personally boycotting Hilton!  Smiley Happy

Credit to some is a convenience.  To me, it's a necessity, because though I make money here and there, transcribing, which pays my bills and provides for the kids what they need,  for the most part I work for my husband and I don't get paid.  He likes to keep it that way, and to the point that when I do make money he promply demands it, saying I owe him -- it's pay back for his having to support the kids he would rather I aborted.  It's always been that  should one of us need something and he want something ... he generally gets what he wants while we do without what we need, unless I have the means to provide that.  I mean, he's been known to spend his last dollar on that one more bottle of beer or his Jack Daniels and so that come the next morning the kids didn't have lunch money and had to charge, at school.  For 21 years, it's been this way.  And I am finally breaking free.  So that is what this $5000 credit limit means to me.  

If he knew that I had it ... credit ...  anything ...  I would have hell to pay!  Smiley Sad  So don't tell, okay?
Message 5 of 22
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I am so happy for you. But I wouldn't let Paris stop you from going for the HHonors card.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

outstanding mercy!  i got the same deal earlier in the week and couldnt believe it either....must be our lucky week!  Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Mercy, congrats on the new line of credit and your new lease on life. Cheering your next moves.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You gave me chills MercyMe reading your exciting, yet humble story! Way to go girl!!! And ya know, it is 07-07-07........maybe more luck will continue to come your way. You deserve it!!!!!
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so happy for you Mercy!   You really deserve good things.  You have been an absolute saint with your help here.   Congrats! Smiley Happy  And keep your heart under control darn it!
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.