Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Numbers from CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account Numbers from CR?

Sorry if this has been asked before--but if the full account number is not listed on my CR, how do I go about finding it? I assume I need the full number when sending a GW or PFD, correct?

THANKS!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Account Numbers from CR?

You can get the full info from reports pulled directly from the CRAs website.  Also, if you are due for the free annual reports... they are direct.  www.annualcreditreport.com  Smiley Happy

Don't initiate disputes from FACTAs, it gives adds time to the investigation which can work against you.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually pulled this report direct from Equifax but the numbers are still x'd out. And I'm not sure what FACTA means--can you let me know?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

tlj414 wrote:
I actually pulled this report direct from Equifax but the numbers are still x'd out. And I'm not sure what FACTA means--can you let me know?

I am having the same issue. I pulled my report from Experian and it doesn't list my full account numbers either. Let me know if you figure it out.
Message 4 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

You can go to www.annualcreditreport.com and get your individual CRs from the three CRAs.  They will have the full acct #s.  FACTA=Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any other way to get these? I apparently used my "One free report" per year and can't access my reports through annualcreditreport.com.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ByrdMan wrote:
You can go to www.annualcreditreport.com and get your individual CRs from the three CRAs.  They will have the full acct #s.  FACTA=Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act.

I pulled mine through www.annualcreditreports.com  yesterday and it did NOT list the full account numbers. I'm confused.

Message Edited by 4kids4me on 01-11-2008 12:17 PM

Message Edited by 4kids4me on 01-11-2008 12:17 PM
Message 7 of 8
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Just call the CA and ask for the account number, or ask the OC if the account was turned over to an outside CA.

Tell the CSR that you are preparing information for a tax audit and need the account information, that's how I got mine from CO accounts from Wachovia and WaMu. CITI hung up on me when I asked for the old account number though -- they're a buncha chumps.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.