Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account age??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account age??

I recently pulled all 3 of my reports and noticed on EQ under the "account age" section some confusing information. This is what it looks like:

Length of Credit History: 0 Average Account Age: NaNYear
Oldest Account: Palisades (opened N/A) Most Recent Account: GEMB/WALMART (opened 09/2003)

This doesn't sit well with me because not only is my oldest (and only open) revolving account my credit union visa which is over 7yrs old now since date opened...but also have a couple closed revolving with account ages of about 7yrs open to close, 2 of my closed installments (student loans Paid as agreed)each 7yrs old....i've got some CO with 2 closed revolvings (one is that GEMB/WALMART, which is the last CC i ever opened)...Palisades is a CA for an old ATT wireless bill, its listed under my negative closed accounts section on EQ...not listed under the collections section where 3 other CA exist!!

Palisades lists as Type of Act: open Date opened: N/A Date reported: 08/2008 I noticed that EX and TU don't give me "Account Age" Info on their reports...but on EX Palisades' status is CA opened:10/2005 reported:08/2008....on TU they're listed as status: CA account type: open, they do not list a date opened, just an updated 08/2008.....What I'd like to know is HOW can they show as my oldest acct on EQ ?!!Smiley Sad Also would like to know why my length of credit history shows as 0 and why my Avg Account Age shows as NaNYear????

Apologies in advance if this post is too confusing....I'm hoping somebody can help me understand. I'm also hoping that I can possibly somehow get EQ to change my "account age" information. TIA Smiley Happy

Message Edited by MtnGoat on 08-22-2008 06:19 AM

Message Edited by MtnGoat on 08-22-2008 02:06 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Account age??

Where did you pull your EQ report from?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled all 3 reports 2 days ago from annualcreditreport.com, the free once a year reports.
Message 3 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I pull my reports directly from EQ and it shows the same thing. Has me with no credit history, the oldest account being Midland with a NanYear. My oldest account is a revolving and was originally opened in 1993. Due a mix up on the issuers end I had to get a new card 10 years later and now it shows opened in 2003. That should be my oldest account. Not a collections from 2 years ago.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@guiness56 wrote:
I pull my reports directly from EQ and it shows the same thing. Has me with no credit history, the oldest account being Midland with a NanYear. My oldest account is a revolving and was originally opened in 1993. Due a mix up on the issuers end I had to get a new card 10 years later and now it shows opened in 2003. That should be my oldest account. Not a collections from 2 years ago.

Stinks right? Do you think its something that EQ can fix with a dispute? I'm new to this and have a lot to learn. I've got a LOT of junk on my reports I'll be working on and I know that this is perhaps a minor thing to get hung up on but....geesh! I really don't like it looking like I have no credit history! And a sneaky PITA collection account really shouldn't be my oldest account when 7+ years of a good TL oughta count!! Grrr...
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

same thing happened with me.  i disputed with equifax and explained in my letter to them that their own summary showed this false info.  lvnv and midland were not reporting opened date.  midland has since deleted but lvnv was updated on equifax to show the opened date.  I haven't pulled another equifax yet to see if the summary shows different, but i'm sure it does as these two accounts were the only ones showing without an open date.
Message 6 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I do not think it is a minor thing.  I have a credit history but am being dinged on my score for not.  I am not sure how to fix it.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute with the cra's.  i let them know this was affecting  my account age, and the dispute came back with an open date.  i think they know that this is a serious issue, and they can't claim that all they are reporting is what they get from the "furnisher".  i have disputed the same account for different things and it has always come back as verified until i let them know that this omisson was affecting my account age which is factored into a fico score.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So...I just signed up for the 30 day free ScoreWatch trial to get EQ FICO and see what my "Score Power" report has to say.....funny, I know the score power report is an extremely modified version of what my full actual EQ report is but...in the section where they show what's hurting your score vs. whats good....they list Oldest account: 11yrs2months Average account age: 7yrs

WEIRD!!!

I guess EQ can give an accurate summary to myFico's scorewatch program but on my REAL REPORT (pulled by the legit verified annualcreditreport.com, my once a year FREE pull) they have it all fubar!

Now I'm confused because maybe my FICO score takes the truth of my history into account??....but, anyone who pulls my EQ report would see the wacky version of my account age.

vankat- It's good to know disputing with them has had what seems like a good outcome for you, hopefully when you do your next pull it will be accurate. Guess EQ's not about to send you a copy to prove they fixed it, that'd be too nice...
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections should not be a part of your age anyhow.

The problem is the CA are not reporting as collections in the "collection" portion of your CR. Thus, the reason for them being counted into age.

IMO, if they are reporting anywhere but in the "collections" section.....they are inaccurately reporting. A collection is not a revolving account, it isn't a mortgage, and it isn't an installment account.

You have no terms (open, revolving, installment) with a CA.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.