Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not reporting, dead end :-@

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Account not reporting, dead end :-@

Ok, so I took out an auto loan with my wife in Sep of 2013 with GM Financial. Around 2 months after taking out it began reporting to my wife's credit but not mine. I filed several complaints with GM Financial every time being told it would show up within 30-45 days (it hasn't). Finally today I decided that I would give them a ring again to speak about the issue. They informed me that they have sent the info to them every month since we took it out attached to my wife's as well as my social security number so it should be reporting and gave me numbers for all the credit bureaus. I called all the bureaus and spoke with several people who I could hardly understand just to be told again that it's not on there end. So I'm playing ring around the Rosie with the creditor and the bureaus and am unsure of what to do. It mesmerizes me that the credit bureaus can't look up where GM Financial is reporting it each month although I have the account number and all. Any idea what I should do next??
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Account not reporting, dead end :-@

Sorry to hear about the frustration. It does not seem like the CRA can tell you anything, if they don't have any data.

I would suggest continuing to bug GM about it, they should be able to research the data transmittal to the CRA to say whether they got a confirmation of receipt, or nothing.

Rather than GM telling you to go call the CRA, GM should be researching to confirm that the CRA communication went through.

Good luck!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 3
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Account not reporting, dead end :-@

Update: After phoning back and forth from GM Financial and the CRAs with no results I finally decided to open up a BBB complaint on the issue. There first response wasn't satisfactory so I denied it, at which point I didn't hear back until just yesterday. They informed me that the mistake was on there end and that they had figured out the issue with it not reporting and corrected it. Said that it would report there monthly update Jan 2nd at which point it should go to my report, but could take 30-45 days to show up. So we shall wait and see!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.