cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not updating on One Credit Bureau report?

tag
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Account not updating on One Credit Bureau report?

I had a loan that I made a significant payment on in Feb.  Both Experien and Equifax both show new lower balance, however Transunion still shows higher balance.

Any insight into this?  Thank you! :-)

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Account not updating on One Credit Bureau report?

There are often frustrating lags in updating information.

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If it is not updated by the next reporting cycle, contact the creditor and remind them of their obligation to promptly update the information with each CRA.

It is not a "when we get around to it" discretion on their part.

It is a statuory requirment of FCRA 623(a)(2) that  furnishers promplty update any prior reporting so as to maintain its current accuracy.

Promptly would be in their next regular reporting cycle.

Message 3 of 7
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Thank you to both for replying.  I will contact Transunion if it isn't updated. Thank you for giving me the specific words I can use if needed! :Smiley Happy

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You would not contact the CRA, you would contact the creditor.

It is the responsibility of the creditor to provide the updates.  The CRA can do nothing unless the creditor reports.

Message 5 of 7
Sonic98
New Contributor

I contacted my bank because Experian was the only CB that was not showing my credit card. They said they could send some type of verification ot them. Now, every time I've talked to them since then, they've acted as if no one gave me that information, and they can only report on the usual reporting day.

@RobertEG wrote:

If it is not updated by the next reporting cycle, contact the creditor and remind them of their obligation to promptly update the information with each CRA.

It is not a "when we get around to it" discretion on their part.

It is a statuory requirment of FCRA 623(a)(2) that  furnishers promplty update any prior reporting so as to maintain its current accuracy.

Promptly would be in their next regular reporting cycle.

Message 6 of 7
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

You would not contact the CRA, you would contact the creditor.

It is the responsibility of the creditor to provide the updates.  The CRA can do nothing unless the creditor reports.

This.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.