Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account sold

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account sold

My Chevron account was sold and my credit score dropped 10 points.  What would cause this since everything stayed the same?  My credit score was 768 now it is 778. 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account sold

What do you mean it was sold?   was it in collection?   
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your score dropped or raised by 10 points? You said it dropped, but the numbers you posted shows that it went up.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry it went from 778 to 768.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off I would ask, did it go into collection?  But could it be possible it was bought by another bank and they just arent reporting it yet? 
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn't in collections. This is the message from Score Watch:

Account opened: 9/1991
Description: Account transferred or sold
Credit card

Previously reported                    Newly reported
Balance:                          $40                                                  $0
Past due:                         Not Reported                                Not Reported
Status:                             Pays account as agreed              Pays account as agreed
Last activity:                     2/1/2008                                         3/1/2008
Description:                     Credit card                                    Account transferred or sold                  
                                         Amount in H/C column is             Credit card
                                         credit limit

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call a csr from where the original acct was. Sometimes if it is a local bank I have seen where they decide to get out of the CC business and sell the accounts to another company.  I say start with a CSR.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.