Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts showing only partial history

tag
gurusexy
Regular Contributor

Accounts showing only partial history

Quick question for you gurus.

I just noticed that even though my some of my accounts show as haven been opened on say Feb 2011, the credit bureau only shows account history of payments from Feb 2012, even though I have been using the card right from the time it opened. Now, are AAoA calculated as when the account was opened? My guess is yes. However, losing all that payment history for year or less will definitely affect my score? maybe one account would'nt, but three or four and we talking some real madness up in here. Anyone care to comment? Advice?

Thanks!

400K+ in open revolvers. 8% UTIL,
Inquiries- TU:2, EQ:2, EX: 3
Starting Scores: 6/12 EX: 613 11/13 TU:614
06/18: F08EX: 781; F08EQ: 787; F08TU:769 Short term goal: 800+ across all 3 Bureaus. Last app 07/19 (BBVA Personal Loan - Approved with Hard pull).
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Accounts showing only partial history

@gurusexy wrote:

I just noticed that even though my some of my accounts show as haven been opened on say Feb 2011, the credit bureau only shows account history of payments from Feb 2012, even though I have been using the card right from the time it opened. Now, are AAoA calculated as when the account was opened? My guess is yes. However, losing all that payment history for year or less will definitely affect my score? maybe one account would'nt, but three or four and we talking some real madness up in here. Anyone care to comment? Advice?

Thanks!

CR's show pyt history for 24 mos. AAOA is calculated based on the date opened. 

Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@gurusexy wrote:

Now, are AAoA calculated as when the account was opened?

Yes.  It's Average Age of Accounts, not Average Age of Payment History. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@gurusexy wrote:

Thanks!

CR's show pyt history for 24 mos. AAOA is calculated based on the date opened. 

Hmm, my TU CR shows more than 24 months: goes back to opening for me for all my tradelines as the FICO algorithm wouldn't work without the historical payment history.

OP: was this a pull from the bureaus directly or from the third parties which do sanitization of the data?

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.