Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts that are missing an "Opened Date"

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Accounts that are missing an "Opened Date"

Does anyone know how FICO considers accounts that are lacking an open date?  Does this account get calculated in my AAoA or would it be excluded??  When I went directly to Equifax, it listed the open date as N/A and Credit Karma has it listed as the following:

account.png

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Accounts that are missing an "Opened Date"

Open Date is a required data field under the CRA reporting manual for a creditor account.

If an account does not show a dated opened, it could be that your commerical credit report is not picking it up from the database.

I would call the creditor and confirm that they are are reporting, and then the CRA to confirm that it is in your file.

Message 2 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

That's wierd that Equifax doesn't have it when by the last update it was reported at any rate.  Does CK EQ/TU report the same?

What creditor is it?  Tradeline is reporting busted, and my guess would be FICO discounts tradelines in a partially / broken reporting state.  Also is this a recent thing, do the older CK reports have the same issue?  Sometimes when I get a change to an account I'll notice a discrepancy but it gets resolved with the next reporting cycle.

        
Message 3 of 8
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Robert: thanks for the information,  I enjoy reading your posts on credit related information. I will see if perhaps it is updated next week when the account reports for the monthly update. 

@Revelate: CK summary shows the open date as December 31, 1969 for both TU &  EQ but both report double dashes when you expand the account. Went through EQ dispute and account shows open date as N/A. The account first reported on August 31 so maybe on the next reporting they will fix it? 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a Google search of that date for more info.
Message 5 of 8
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes a Google search for the date December 31, 1969 means that no date was supplied to the credit bureau, which I already mentioned in my original post.  My original question was how FICO would treat an account that has no open date.

Message 6 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes a Google search for the date December 31, 1969 means that no date was supplied to the credit bureau, which I already mentioned in my original post.  My original question was how FICO would treat an account that has no open date.

Actually I think that's the default date that CK puts on it if it gets a No Data for that portion of the request; I had that on my initial Penfed LOC report (and I literally LOL'd) but it was resolved in the next reporting cycle.

My FICO's didn't move an inch when the LOC report, which was a little surprising as I should've taken an AAOA change for it but that happened later when my CSP reported  whereas my PLOC wasn't fixed by then, and as such I think my guess (and it is just a guess even if somewhat supported in my own data) is that FICO just discounts it.

Temporary glitch in my case, suspect it'll be the same for you.

        
Message 7 of 8
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Just updated my CK reports and got an alert that the account from the OP was deleted and then re-added to my credit reports.  However, It is reporting the following information (which wasn't showing on my reports on Oct. 15):

Last Reported: Sep 30, 2015
Opened Date:  Sep 20, 2015
Date of Last Payment:  Sep 01, 2015

Weird how my date of last payment is before the account was open, considering the account was open in May 2015!!!  Then again, I made a payment around the 23rd of September, it didn't post until 29th of September, yet they list the account as paid on September 1st.  The payment before that was August 20th.  Maybe I will give it one more month before I send in a direct dispute for whacky reporting...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.