Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acct. Removed but no Score Watch alert

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Acct. Removed but no Score Watch alert

I was a AU on my friend's account. When I was removed from the account, the account had a reported balance of like $2000 or something. The account continued to report as an open account but under "relationship" it reported as "terminated", even under this relationship The $2000 balace was always factored into my utilization.

Anways, 2 weeks agoI filed a dispute with EQ regarding the balance and how since I am no longer a AU so the balance should not be factored into my utilization. The dispute was settled and the account ended up getting removed altogether, which is not exactly what I wanted.. I then get a "alert" on Credit Karma saying that account CL has been "decreased". Thought it was weird because CK uses TU, so I guess Capital One just decided to make the same change to all the CRB. I then pulled a EQ report and that account is no longer reporting to EQ either.

Last week I received my weekly update on Score Watch telling me that there are no alerts. It's really odd because my utilization was 12% with the AU account, but it should be 6% after that AU account has been removed. Shouldn't this have tripped an alert? Also, the mere fact that an account was removed should have tripped an alert.

My last EQ FICO was 725, which is what I have set to in the settings.

I just paid off all my CL debt so I should be <1% utilization when it reports tonight.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Acct. Removed but no Score Watch alert

SW does not note removals.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 6
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

SW does not note removals.

Okay, I didn't know that. But how about a decrease in credit limit or decrease in utilization etc. I  think it should have tripped an alert of some sort regardless.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 6
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Look in your settings. You will see what will trigger an alert. Decrease balances and account removals aren't triggers but if your score changes past your "goal score" in settings as a result, then you'll get an alert.

Message 4 of 6
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@Adalen wrote:
Look in your settings. You will see what will trigger an alert. Decrease balances and account removals aren't triggers but if your score changes past your "goal score" in settings as a result, then you'll get an alert.

I see.

I have my score settng set to 725, which is my current score. I still did not receive an alert.

Can we agree that what had happened in my credit profile should have changed my FICO score which in turn should have trigged an ScoreWatch alert?

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@SwiftTone wrote:

Last week I received my weekly update on Score Watch telling me that there are no alerts. It's really odd because my utilization was 12% with the AU account, but it should be 6% after that AU account has been removed. Shouldn't this have tripped an alert? Also, the mere fact that an account was removed should have tripped an alert.

My last EQ FICO was 725, which is what I have set to in the settings.

I just paid off all my CL debt so I should be <1% utilization when it reports tonight.

What day was it deleted? I know the dispute was 2 wks ago, but was the removal the day it was disputed?

Paying down util from 12% to 6% won't always result in a FICO change though. If no FICO change, then no score alert. You wouldn't get a credit alert as mentioned. Now if the removal was recent, then maybe a score alert was forthcoming. Your EQ FICO is monitored for changes every 7-10 days and is based off the target score. So if the removal was instant, then you would have been notified by now if you haven't received any alerts. If it took several days for the TL to be removed, then there's a chance a score alert is on it's way, but that's only assuming your score changed at all.

Question..did you get an alert that the TL was being disputed?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.