Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accurate EXPERIAN credit score?

tag
tbone74
Regular Contributor

Accurate EXPERIAN credit score?

I know EXP doesn't use the Fair Isaac model anymore.  Can anyone tell me where I can get an accurate experian credit score.  I recently had my scores pulled by my mortgage broker..and there was a 60 point difference then what i was getting from the experian site, via freecreditreport.com.  My 'MYFICO' scores were within 4 points! 

7/13/09- TU 599/ EQ 589 / EXP FACO 659

4/23/09- TU 508/ EQ 533 / EXP FAKO 588

Starting Score: TU04: 603 EQ: 613
Current Score: TU04: 667/EQ: 670/ EXP(LO Pull): 676
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Accurate EXPERIAN credit score?

Experian still uses the FICO model, it just no longer sells that score to the public.  The only places to get a real Experian FICO score is with a mortgage application (as you have done), or if you're eligible to join PSECU.  Freecreditreport.com sells the Experian PLUS score.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accurate EXPERIAN credit score?

@tbone74 wrote:

I know EXP doesn't use the Fair Isaac model anymore.  Can anyone tell me where I can get an accurate experian credit score.  I recently had my scores pulled by my mortgage broker..and there was a 60 point difference then what i was getting from the experian site, via freecreditreport.com.  My 'MYFICO' scores were within 4 points! 

7/13/09- TU 599/ EQ 589 / EXP FACO 659

4/23/09- TU 508/ EQ 533 / EXP FAKO 588

The only way I am aware is if you can join PSECU (Penn State Employee's Credit Union), who provide EX FICO each month to their members free.  This CU pulls EX exclusively as well.  However, membership is restricted so unless you can qualify or are related to somebody who is eligible, you can't get in.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.