Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acronym help - 'AA' ?

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Acronym help - 'AA' ?

Greetings -

Looked for an Acronym 'sticky', but came up dry.

Wondering what 'AA' means, in the context of 'high utilization can cause AA'.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: Acronym help - 'AA' ?

Adverse Action

i.e. CLD Credit Limit Decrease. Or even closing of cards. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

While it wasn't the point of this thread, I'd like to add that adverse action is extremely rare due to just high utilization.  As long as creditors are getting paid on time every month, even if it's just minimum payments, AA is rare.  Yes there are a few examples of it and someone may even chime in saying it happened to them, but for every example of it due to only high utilization there are easily 100 examples of people having no AA taken against them.  Usually there's a catalyst that causes AA, such as missing just 1 payment (30 days) and at that point it's game on for creditors to do whatever they please and you'll often see AA taken against MANY accounts, not just the one that was late.  I've known people with 7-9 credit cards that have had ALL of them maxed out for just under a year to just over a year and they never saw any AA since they never missed any payments. 

It is worth noting that CLIs are a near impossibility if you've got maxed out credit lines, though.

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Here's a link to a thread that lists common abbreviations used on myFICO:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.