Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addicted to myfico and tracking my debts

tag
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Addicted to myfico and tracking my debts

YESSS!  I need professional help.  I have a spreadsheet prepared through April showing revenues and expenses.  It also shows targeted utilization, savings amounts, and potential SD victims.  I have Score Watch, Protect My ID, and Privacy Matters.  I am so obsessed.  I check the boards at least five times a day and refresh my report frequently.  When I wake up in the mornings, I check for any Score Watch alerts before I set foot out of the bed.  SMH- I need help. 

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 21 of 38
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

i think its safe to say We are all hook to this sight in a way Smiley Happy 

Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I am totally addicted. I am on myfico at least 10 times throughout the day. I have a mint app perpetually updating on my phone. I do not plan on apping for anything in the next few years but I HATE seeing a balance report and I too feel the pressure to pay it at once. I have to talk myself into managing the credit and using it to my advantage, not being ruled by it. I usually feel an unhealthy obsession over everything credit! LOL
Message 23 of 38
adavis425
Established Contributor

You are certainly not alone!! I have myFico pinned as a tab along with a folder containing all my cc sites. I'm on myFICO constantly, even when I don't want to be. Smiley Embarassed I check CK and CS every day and get a fresh report from USAA every day. I check my Wal-Mart TU even though I know it will not change for a month. I have all of my credit info in an Excel spreadsheet and I check/update that every day. I cannot stand to let unintended balances report. I'm a stickler for 9% max even though I'm not prepping my score for a big purchase or an app.  When it's time to make a purchase, I mentally run through the cards in my wallet that day to make sure I get maximum rewards with that purchase. That can be maddening sometimes. I try to tell DH and sis how to raise their scores and I'm sure they think I'm obsessed. I may be. It's just that once you've had bad credit and decide to turn it around-and can see the reasons why you should-it just becomes (at least for me, obsessive). BUT.....I can quit whenever I want. Smiley Tongue

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 24 of 38
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Refresh my 3 reports daily - Check

Check MyFico before getting out of bed - Check

I have a spreadsheet which tracks every expense and revenue I have by pay period with estimations through 2015.

There's also a tab which tracks when hard inquries will fall off.

And another tab which tracks when I should harass my CCC for CLI's. Keep the backdoor numbers in there listed next to each card too.

Myfico and another board which shall remain nameless Smiley Wink also remain open throughout the day at work.

The ironic part is I work in credit ratings, but not the consumer kind. Smiley Tongue

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 25 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

You got it

You got it bad......

When you on the phone.....

With EQ disputing the facts....

You got it......

You got it bad.....

When you miss a dayyyyy of report updates your whole life off track.....

Oh you got it bad...

When you stuck in house...

You dont wanna have fun....

Them scores all you think about.....

You got it bad....

When you out with the Chase card...

And you keep on thinking bout the AMEX...

You got it bad!!!

-LS Usher

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 38
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I guess this is a good place to ask: is there any negative effect of pulling your CR daily for weeks or months at a time?

I have read that TL can be bumped off your reports. Not too certain so figured I would ask. I usually pull weekly but have been known to pull daily for a month or so when waiting for something to report/balance to update etc.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 27 of 38
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Epcot wrote:
I guess this is a good place to ask: is there any negative effect of pulling your CR daily for weeks or months at a time?

I have read that TL can be bumped off your reports. Not too certain so figured I would ask. I usually pull weekly but have been known to pull daily for a month or so when waiting for something to report/balance to update etc.

Pulling can lead to softs and softs can lead to a split file. But that's not too common. I used to pull daily for years and had no issues.

Message 28 of 38
colindidit
Established Contributor

I'm pretty sure there isn't any negative effects as they're only soft pulls Smiley Happy
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 29 of 38
colindidit
Established Contributor

Whoa. What's a spilt file
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.