Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding/Moving a Tradeline

tag
jsk300
Regular Contributor

Adding/Moving a Tradeline

I had credit issues in the past that I've been in the process of clearing up.  Most of my old chargeoffs and collections are deleted or due to fall off in the next year or two. 

I had purchased a new vehicle in 2004 but had to put the title in my father's name as my credit was bad.  I've paid the monthly installment every month on time and now that the lease is due to expire in August this year.  I will still owe about $5K on the lease, which I will probably have to extend for another 12 monthly installments or so in my name.  I would like to know if there is any way that I could have the finance company switch or add the tradeline from my father's credit report, over to my credit report for the past 3 years which I have been paying this loan?

Any help, suggestions or comments would be most welcome! 
TU 673 EX (720 Credit score) EQ 690 (08/2009)
TU 698 EQ 697 EX ?? (07/2010)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding/Moving a Tradeline

Ask 'em! (the finance company)

Do you have cancelled checks or other evidence that shows you made the payments?
Message 2 of 6
jsk300
Regular Contributor

I have all cancelled checks showing I was the one paying the loan.  I will certainly give them a call and see if they can do this. 
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could always ask if they will Joint the account in your name.
Message 4 of 6
jsk300
Regular Contributor

I believe the loan was originally put in my father's name only but they understood that I was going to be paying the loan.  My name is kind of behind the scenes.  What I basically want is this loan in my name only and this tradeline moved to me. 
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can 'add' you.  They will probably run a credit check - and you will get the 'entire history' of the loan.  They will have to send paperwork for you (and your father) to complete.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.