Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a address to a Credit Report - Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a address to a Credit Report - Help

I'm looking for any information about adding a previous address to my credit report. You may ask why?

Well. I was added as an authorized user on a BOA Credit Card...One with enough history to actually generate me a Fico score, and a good little boost.

However… as I’ve learned from being added as an authorized user to a Chase & Citi card. The Credit Card companies don’t actually record the social security number of an authorized user. So…in essence, their simply reporting to the credit bureaus your First & Last name… and the billing address for the card.

So… if you’re added as a AU on Joe’s account, and he lives in Chicago… and you live in Socal… it might be really hard for the credit bureaus software to actually preform the matchup. However… if for some reason Joe’s address was listed as a previous address on your credit report, that software would have no problem matching the records together.

My thing is…. I’m not sure exactly how to add a previous address to my credit report, so the matchup can occur. I know one way is to apply for a credit card, and list the address as a previous address… however, that’d mean using an inquiry, something I really would prefer not to do.

There just has to be some other way, and that’s why I’m posting this. Does anyone know any loopholes for adding an address to a credit report? I’d prefer to make sure it’s marked as a previous address if possible, but… if it can’t happen, so be it.

Thanks for your time, and I appreciate any answers. Smiley Happy

Michael

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Re: Adding a address to a Credit Report - Help

Seems odd, not for selling AU?  Anywho...

You could pick one of your CCs with paperless statements, change the address to the old one, let statement cut so it reports the address to the CR then change it back.

Other than that, maybe write to the big 3 CRAs and ask them to include previous addresses to your account and give em a list?

I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

You don't add data to your reports.  Your creditors report the data.

This isn't worth worrying over until it's actually an issue for you and not worth using as the only reason to open a new account.  When it is you can address the matter with the respective CRA('s).

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened was, my mother in law added me to a BOFA Signature card, which would give me a nice AAOA. 

The problem is, I suspect Bank of America is only reporting my name & her address, so alas... there is no matchup going on. I'd really like this to occur, so I can just get a glance at my Fico, and perhaps, even get a Chase Freedom card. Smiley Wink

I'm going to try having a statement mailed there, and see what happens. But, if anyone else has any ideas, I'd really appreciate them. :-)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a old post. But I have a answer, for what it is worth.

The key is to have a creditor report the address to the CRA. In order to do this. I had to become a joint card holder on one card. Now of course this makes you a responsible party for payments on this card, so make sure it is someone you totally trust. Additionally, IMHO look at the limit of the card, if you are not willing to take the responsibility to pay the full amount of the credit limit. Then don't do it.

Anyway, once the joint account is reported, the creditor will report the address of the main card holder. In my case, I then added two AU's from the same person. Currently this has worked for EQ and EX, but not TU. TU failed to report the new address when the joint account was reported, thus the AU's have not reported.

I will need to produce a bill of the joint account and send to transunion, in effort to get them to report the address of the joint account, which they should have done in the first place. Then the AU tradelines should appear on the credit report.

Work in progress.

Now there may be other ways to do this, but I don't know any other way. The criteria the CRA are using is first, last name and address to match the tradeline. Maybe the primary card holder could call the creditor and give them your SS#? Perhaps that might get the AU to report.

PS. Not worth doing unless it will increase your AAoA by years. In may case 5 years. If it is only going to add a few months, I wouldnt bother. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.