Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding old tradelines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding old tradelines

Does anyone have advice on how I can "re-add" a 5 year old tradeline back to my Equifax credit report.  Equifax deleted two good-standing mortgage accounts from my credit report apparently because they were closed accounts.  However, it hasn't been 5 years since the date of last activity.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Adding old tradelines

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

This is a tough one. They dont' HAVE to report, so there's no way to force them to through any type of regulation or rule. Do you have an older copy of your report that shows the tradelines? All I can suggest is that you send a copy to EQ and ask them if they can pick up the reporting again.

I don't know if you would have any luck trying to get the mortgage company to try to re-report if there is no activity. It might be worth a phone call.

I wish you luck...but this is a tough one.

Message 2 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Sorry to see you got bite by EQ. They got me as well to the tune of 8 accounts. Like Lynette said you might get lucky if you have a copy of your older reports. When I tried to do this last year they denied the existence of any of a dozen reports I had from them. Even the hard copy reports they sent to me. Makes me wonder who actually takes it upon themselves to delete these good tradelines. Computer or some cretin.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice!  I mailed Equifax a copy of an older credit report that lists these deleted accounts.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Message 4 of 5
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

I would also call the lender and speak to someone higher up about this. Not fair that you had such good history removed BEFORE the ten year mark.  Although no lender is required to report, but you only got five years out of this? EQ just removed my second mortgage(a few months short of ten year paid mark), but not my first one, which is due for the electric chair Aug 2010.

Get it in your head that you will win, and you will. Don't take no for an answer.

Good luck.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.