Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Confusion on Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Address Confusion on Credit Report

Not sure where to post but I keep getting alerts that an address was removed or added to my credit report. When I check, they have an incorrect city listed on my address, they also added an address that I lived at 20 years ago and deleted the address of the home we just sold 6 months ago. Is there anything I should be doing about this? I'm not sure why this is happening. I will try to get the completely wrong address deleted but do I call to do that or write? It is on all three reports. Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Address Confusion on Credit Report

Send each credit bureau reporting incorrect addresses a letter via priority mail with delivery confirmation listing each incorrect address that is invalid, and if you have them or can get them (annual credit report) a copy of the bureaus report with the incorrect addresses circled. Include a copy of your driver's license, social security card & a utility bill in the letter to establish proof of identity and correct address. This will start the dispute process & will also enable a fraud alert which will help things further.

There are a number of reasons this is happening to you but sending the above with start the process and help provide more info on what's causing this. BE SURE YOU SEND PRIORITY MAIL WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. This is important in the event you need to establish a clear time line in the event you have to fight the bureaus to get the problem corrected. Don't use CMRR or signature required mailing.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So this might be a dumb question, but what address should be on my report? Only my current or all my previous addresses as well? I've only had 4 addresses in my life so I thought it was okay if they were all on the report. It's just weird that my first apt. address from 20 years ago just popped up and I got an alert about it. I know where the wrong city came from, it was from when we bought our truck and for some reason they put the wrong zip code so the wrong city was listed. I had to tell them but I'm assuming they pulled the credit with that address. That account is paid off, should I dispute the address?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also been plagued by the issue everytime I remove the incorrect address from my files they come right back ugh.. It's not effecting my scores that I know of but it's very agitating.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have some extra addresses on my report that are not and we never places that I lived at. I disputed it with all of them, including documentation from our county website showing that the one address does not even exist, and TU and EQ fixed them but EX still shows the garbage addresses. It was a problem when I was trying to sign up here for the MyFICO site to get my reports because I was unable to verify who I am (supposedly) because I was not able to provide my former addresses. I had to do a bunch of extra BS to get my reports then look up what was listed and call in here to prove that I am me even when that info is not mine. ARRRGGHHH!!!! This credit reporting can be infuriating at times! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.