Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address wrong?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Address wrong?

I am building credit and have a capital one card. When I go into creditwise it has an old address listed on my credit report. How do I get this changed? I haven't lived there in a very long time. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Address wrong?

It's perfectly normal to have your old address on your CR, many creditors actually use this information in their security questions. If you're saying it's the only address on the CR and your current address is missing, you need to call TransUnion (CreditWise uses TU) and make sure your current address is added to the CR.
Message 2 of 4
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

How long ago is it, and is it possible that a card is still reporting that address?

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 3 of 4
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

Like oldman87 says, it is perfectly normal for previous residences to be listed.  The detail to pay attention to is that they are not listed as your current residence, and that your current one is present and accurate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.