Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adios good credit. What now?

tag
Focus
Valued Member

Adios good credit. What now?

My current credit score is 791. I've been relying on an automated bill payment service through my bank to pay bills. Well today I found out I'm 67 days overdue on my Chevron account as Chevron and Texaco merged and I now have a new account number. Due to the account number changing my e-Bills weren't updating and I didn't notice I was so far overdue until today. Sigh, so anyway, I just sent in payment in full, and will try sending a goodwill letter. Has anyone ever had success removing a late payment over 60 days late via goodwill?
8-18-08 / EQ 791 - TU 795 - EX 815
9-4-08 / EQ 716 - TU ? - EX ?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Adios good credit. What now?

I can't speak to Chevron, but there are plenty of success stories in here of bad lates (30-60-90-120+) being removed with a GW.
Message 2 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Sorry OP. This is another reason not to use bill pay but to pay at the issuer's website via ACH payments out of your own checking account.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I would first try calling the company directly and speaking to a supervisor.  If you have been a good customer and they show a good history, they should be more than willing and able to correct this.  When companies merge like this these things happen and the should expect these type of things to pop up.  Give them the old, with a 750+ credit score I can go anywhere with my business, would you like to retain mine or not.  If that doesn't work push for the GW.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was your bank still sending the payments- and they were being accepted?  I'd try to get them to remove the late and credit the payments properly- you were trying to pay them...

-MsMS
Message 5 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Focus - your current score is 791, even with a very recent 60-day late? That's pretty awesome. Means your score before was 'prolly about 820+.

Yes.  Call them and explain what happened. Folks like you don't achieve sky high scores by being late with payments.  They should understand. I've never had a 60-day baddie, but did have a 30-day baddie 4 years ago, and a GW worked.

Good luck.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 6 of 8
Focus
Valued Member

My score just dropped 75 points today to 716. I spoke to the Chevron supervisor who wouldn't do anything as she stated it wasn't the company's fault. Composing a hail mary good will letter now...
8-18-08 / EQ 791 - TU 795 - EX 815
9-4-08 / EQ 716 - TU ? - EX ?
Message 7 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Yep, send that GE letter. And keep sending them every 45 days or so. Eventually, you'll get a sympathetic csr.  All it costs is the price of a stamp.

I took me about 4-5 GW's to Macys before I get a csr who helped.

Good luck.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.