cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice: Regarding Chase customer service telling me soft pull when it was actually a hard pull.

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice: Regarding Chase customer service telling me soft pull when it was actually a hard pull.

@lsumichelle wrote:

Thank you for all of your very helpful responses and I wish I was a more frequent member of this board and would have checked here first. I've had my Freedom card forever which is why I keep it because it's one of my oldest cards. I'm not CC savvy enough to know that Chase was an automatic HP. My other cards are Discover and Capitol One and both of those are soft pulls (which of course as I'm sure you all know and has been discussed at great length here -- are online requests). Both of those cards actually have just increased without me even asking.

So when the customer service lady supervisor at Chase told me that, "ma'am anytime you request a limit increase it's a hard pull." I almost unloaded on her.

I am going to take a chill pill now and just walk away. I've just been working extremely hard on my credit score for a very long time and had all hard pulls off and have my one serious delinquency dropping off in August. I was at 769 before this debacle, hence my being livid. Another 2 years before the might 800. *rolleyes*

Grin, if you have just one serious negative, which based on my file is a pretty major scorekiller, dropping off in August and you were already at 769 and that is a FICO 8 score, it ain't going to be 2 years before 800... I'd be very much surprised if you didn't reach that outright once it's gone.

Inquiries are not a big deal, at all, you'll be fine.  Also they only count for one year anyway, but there's no comparing an inquiry with any "real" negative information like a late, collection, lien, or BK.  Trust me, it'll be ok Smiley Happy.

        
Message 11 of 15
lsumichelle

Re: Advice: Regarding Chase customer service telling me soft pull when it was actually a hard pull.

I can't wait till it's gone. I feel like it's a cloud hanging over my head when 7 years ago I decided to fund Christmas with what I thought was an Amazon gift card. I always pay my bills on time and am very careful with credit but what's hurt me most is being an idiot.
Message 12 of 15
lsumichelle

And thank you.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant 30 plus days.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your 769 score is with one major baddie present, I have no doubt that in 4 months when it falls off and you move into a clean bucket that your scores will be 800+.  I'd actually predict them more around 810-815, +/- 20 points or so depending on the rest of your profile.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.