Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice about PFD to GEMB/Jc pennys

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice about PFD to GEMB/Jc pennys

I had a jc penny credit card that i believe is through GE money bank for a suit i bought for a wedding that was about $150. I paid on time for 7 months then fell into finacial trouble even though it was such a small debt. When i found out it was reported 90 days i started paying monthy again but the late charges had brought it up from 30 dollars to 300+. its now down to $141. I have an auto loan, other credit card and never missed a payment on anything but because i have little credit history this is crushing my score im 26 and trying to build credit to buy a home. Do you think a PFD will work for me? Has anyone worked with GE before? If i can get this removed my score would jump atleast 100 points. I dont even know where to start. I dont know where to start.. would a goodwill letter be better? any advice would help thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice about PFD to GEMB/Jc pennys

I would work first on paying the account off  After that is done you can try the goodwill letters.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 4
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

GE Money bank is an awesome company to be on good terms with during rebuilding, I would recomend paying them and GW letters to re-establish your relationship. Perphaps calling and setup a payment program. 

Some GE cards/benefits include  CLI's ever 4 months

Walmart   free TU fico monthly if you go paperless  $40 in cash availbile with a purchase like a debt card and no cash advance fees.

Amazon  0% interest for 6 months if you purchase over $150. 

If you shop at either place I recomend the cards. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea thanks for the advice. The money isnt an issue i have a very good and stable job now. I can easily pay off the 141 i owe. Its just iv read to not pay it off if you want to do a pfd because you lose your leverage and there is no garuntee they will accept the goodwill.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.