cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice about PFD to GEMB/Jc pennys

Established Member

Advice about PFD to GEMB/Jc pennys

I had a jc penny credit card that i believe is through GE money bank for a suit i bought for a wedding that was about $150. I paid on time for 7 months then fell into finacial trouble even though it was such a small debt. When i found out it was reported 90 days i started paying monthy again but the late charges had brought it up from 30 dollars to 300+. its now down to $141. I have an auto loan, other credit card and never missed a payment on anything but because i have little credit history this is crushing my score im 26 and trying to build credit to buy a home. Do you think a PFD will work for me? Has anyone worked with GE before? If i can get this removed my score would jump atleast 100 points. I dont even know where to start. I dont know where to start.. would a goodwill letter be better? any advice would help thank you!

3 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice about PFD to GEMB/Jc pennys

I would work first on paying the account off  After that is done you can try the goodwill letters.

Equifax My FICO score 814 11/29/2016, Discover TU FICO 807 12/29/2016 Citibank Equifax Bankcard FICO score 827 12/27/2016 Average of Accounts 13 years and no Installment accounts, 1 TU inquiry in 2015
Valued Contributor

GE Money bank is an awesome company to be on good terms with during rebuilding, I would recomend paying them and GW letters to re-establish your relationship. Perphaps calling and setup a payment program. 

Some GE cards/benefits include  CLI's ever 4 months

Walmart   free TU fico monthly if you go paperless  $40 in cash availbile with a purchase like a debt card and no cash advance fees.

Amazon  0% interest for 6 months if you purchase over $150. 

If you shop at either place I recomend the cards. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 10k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak/Freedom 4.6k, FNBO DISC 25.1k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 7.5k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5.9k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 9k, Discover IT 16k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 5/15/2017 Marcus Loan. 30k
Established Member

Yea thanks for the advice. The money isnt an issue i have a very good and stable job now. I can easily pay off the 141 i owe. Its just iv read to not pay it off if you want to do a pfd because you lose your leverage and there is no garuntee they will accept the goodwill.