Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice and opinions needed please

tag
ARO
New Visitor
New Visitor

Advice and opinions needed please

I recently was laid off after 8yrs and given a some severance and I'm having a difficult time on deciding what to pay off. The goal is to eliminate at least one monthly payment around $450 I have two options, pay off and auto loan completely right under 20k which $460 a month was paid or pay off an off road razor which is 15k and $445 monthly payment. Both have the same interest amount auto loan 4-1/2yrs razor 3yrs with the razor paid off I'd have a little extra in the bank to save and cushion auto obviously less in the bank but still a little cushion. Any advice? And is one looked at better than the other as far as payoff?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Advice and opinions needed please

1.  Look at the cost of full insurance for both vehicles.  Which one would be cheaper to have less insurance on?

2.  Look at which one you could sell quickly, if you needed to.

I didn't hear you say if you had enough income (now) to continue paying all of your monthly expeneses....  If you do, I would consider paying off the one thing that would have the most big picture financial impact.

Message 2 of 3
ARO
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: Advice and opinions needed please

I came from from a two income household which now is one, with one major expense we will have enough for the rest of the monthly expenses. My first instinct was to pay off the auto because that would be a vehicle used daily and to lessen the upside down of depreciation and it a nice family commuter vehicle but at the same time it would be nice to have a little more extra cash if the lesser loan was paid off though I see more realistic value in the larger loan(auto) I do believe the off road is cheaper insurance wise.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.