Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed DV responses coming back slowly Sorry kind of long

tag
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Advice needed DV responses coming back slowly Sorry kind of long

OK I sent out 7 DV's on 2/20 and some are already coning in, here is what I have so far.

Cap 1 cover page says in plain english WE DO NOT HAVE A PAPER COPY of your application on file to send you because you either applied online or over the phone and sent my last three statements along with the Customer Agreement. NO WHERE on the last statement does it say account closed. As a mater of fact they ALL say this is 3rd and final notice that your acct is seriously past due and payment must be made within 72 hrs to avoid action by our collection dept. Payment due Oct 2003.

Please note that any additional request for complimentary copies of documentation regarding your account may not be honored.

Cap 1 has a valid contract for the amount you owe of $1714.01 (The last statement they say they have says the bal is only $799.62).

What should my next move be?

1st Premier,
in response to your requst for validation on acct xxxxxxxxxxxxxx our records indicate that this account belongs to Me, with a SS# is verified to belong to you, ( I didn't give them my SS#) then it goes on to fuss at me about the FDCPA and the TILA and how 1st premier is not a debt collector as defined under the FDCPA we are the creditor (DUHHHHH).
2nd letter from them the same day, we have recieved your request to remove your phone number from our account information, You will continue to receive correspondence and or notices until the acct is paid in full ( OUCH no deals going to happen here).

OK I shot myself here they are past SOL, now with all that said, I didn't write for verification, it got mixed up in mu DV file, yeah I know WOUCH!, ok got my hand slapped and read my rights what can I do now?

This was turned over to Arrow Finacial Svcs right after they sent me that letter.
with an offer to settle for $176.66  Original balance so says was 1177.75 and they want this by 3/21/08, I really don't mind settling IF they will delete when paid, but the letter says "we will consider your account "settled" in full and stop all collection efforts. Nope not going to happen, not that dumb.

The funny thing is about Arrow I sent them a DV for the same account that went out before I got this letter from them, the letters missed each other by 1 day and NO I haven't heard from them about the DV yet.

Would a PFD be in order here? What about the OC? (You know they wrote this off, got their money, and are done with it.) Any tricks to getting them to delete the TL instead of Charge Off acct settled?

National Credit Adjust (Honest this is how it shows on my CR along with the addy I sent the DV to)

Well, this is a strange one, on CR's it shows National Credit Adjust Ca for Orchard bank, I also have NCA collecting for the same OC, these two have the same acct # listed.

OK National Credit Adjust sent me a letter back stating that they were not the company this letter was intended for and they are National Credit Adjustment Agency, Inc, DBA Hanford Collectors.  But did offer a phone number for the right co which is Hutchinson KS not WA WHICH BTW is where NCA is from.

Now with tha said, I did DV NCA at the same time, I have not heard back from them as of yet and it was deliverd on 2/25 at 8:13 am.

Any ideas on this strange problem?

Next...... last  one I promise (for now)

I got a strange letter from what appears to be an attorney representing themselves as a debt collector and it clearly states this is an attemp to collect a debt.

Now I did DV the CA on my CR AFTER this letter came the reason if further down.

Response:
 Acct # DMXXXX
CREDITOR: Pinnacle Credit Services
ORIGINAL CREDITOR: Household/Orchard Bank.
Principle: 923.23
Interest: 436.59
Total Balance: 1359.82

The above ref acct has been placed with us for collection, Pinnacle Credit Svc has agreed to accept one single payment in the amt of 1155.85 as a settlement on this acct. FUNDS MUST BE RECEIVED IN MY OFFICE NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS MARCH 28,2008 (they put it in all caps like that).

For your security make all payments payable to Nelson watson and assoc.

Unless you notify us within 30 days after receiving this notice the calidity of this debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume the debt is valid. If you request this office in writting within 30 days of this notice this office will provide you with the name and adress of the ORIGINAL CREDITOR, If different from the CURRENT creditor.

I am lost, the OC is Orchard, the CA WAS Pinnacle and now it is these people collecting for Pinnicale who is the CA for Orchard?

What in the world do I do with this one?

I know this is long and I am sorry, I didn't want to post each one in a different thread and lose track of the answers.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice needed DV responses coming back slowly Sorry kind of long

Break this into 2 posts-

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.