cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on telling a creditor why you opened so many cards?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Advice on telling a creditor why you opened so many cards?

@ddemari wrote:

To my horror I saw my SallieMae card slashed by over 70% of its limit. Barclays used to love me now they hate me and I know about the sensitivity with new accounts and lots of inquires but I thought they are not going to flag me. I have a great income, stable job for 10 years and I wanted to get in with the banks that never would touch me before. 

Probably won't matter what you say.  It's fairly well known that Barclay's is sensitive to new accounts and you even stated this yet believed that you would somehow be exempt.  Slow it down and responsibly manage what you have is the best you can do at this point.  Don't get swept up in the thrill of approvals as it's not sustainable to constantly apply.  You don't need to get in with evvery creditor out there.  Focus on the cards and how they suit you.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE:  Don't carry a balance....  I've been told before that you should carry a balance between 10 and 25 $ per month instead of paying the account in full.  Does it make any difference?

Message 12 of 13
HiLine
Blogger

You already have a lot of credit cards. Maybe this is the time to harness yourself a little. I don't see much negative consequence of an AA from Barclaycard. Your credit profile is still looking great.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.