Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on what to dispute etc.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on what to dispute etc.

I just looked at my credit report on a TC affiliated site. I understand that their scoring is not FICO. However, is my credit report as shown thorough and accurate? I found the following issue and am curious what the best way to proceed is: *TU Address problem: Address listed is incorrect, it is showing my college address from 2000 My accurate current address is listed as my previous address *My 1FBUSA card is listed twice: I did have a new card issued 2 years ago when I lost it. The original card is listed as 0/14,000 --"closed by consumer" The second listing has everything correct. Both listings have the correct opening date 12/99. Will it help or hurt to have the $0 balance, "closed" account removed? And how do I do that? *Capital One: 2 - 30 day lates 1 - 60 day late These are from about 5 years ago, some due to not getting bills because of moving. They are legit, but is there anything I can do to get them removed? *Wachovia: 1 - 30 day late This is from 5-6 years ago. Again, is there any chance of having this removed? *Unauthorized Inquires: I have 2 inquires that I have no idea what they are: HSBC NV 7/10/2007 FIRST USA 8/10/2007 What do I do about these? Thanks in advance for your help! This board is a godsend. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on what to dispute etc.

I just looked at my credit report on a TC affiliated site. I understand that their scoring is not FICO. However, is my credit report as shown thorough and accurate? I found the following issue and am curious what the best way to proceed is:

*TU Address problem:
Address listed is incorrect, it is showing my college address from 2000
My accurate current address is listed as my previous address

*My 1FBUSA card is listed twice:
I did have a new card issued 2 years ago when I lost it. The original card is listed as 0/14,000 --"closed by consumer" The second listing has everything correct. Both listings have the correct opening date 12/99.

Will it help or hurt to have the $0 balance, "closed" account removed? And how do I do that?

*My Bank of America card is listed twice:
Once as reporting to TU&EX
An additional entry as reporting to EQ only.

*Capital One:
2 - 30 day lates
1 - 60 day late
These are from about 5 years ago, some due to not getting bills because of moving. They are legit, but is there anything I can do to get them removed?

*Wachovia:
1 - 30 day late This is from 5-6 years ago.
Again, is there any chance of having this removed?

*Unauthorized Inquires:
I have 2 inquires that I have no idea what they are:
HSBC NV 7/10/2007 FIRST USA 8/10/2007
What do I do about these?

Thanks in advance for your help! This board is a godsend.

Message Edited by greenpea104 on 10-04-2007 02:22 PM

Message Edited by greenpea104 on 10-05-2007 08:22 AM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I've done some more reading. I know I make the address changes with the CRA. And I know that I need to send GW letters to my CCs about the lates.

I guess my only remaining question is what should I do about the cards listed twice?
Is there a valid reason they're listed twice? And is there any chance removing one instance will hurt my credit?

Thanks.
Message 3 of 6
Takunda1
Established Contributor

If they are positive tradelines I wouldn't woryy about them. If they are bad or have lates then I would try to get them removed.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do not have any lates. However one of the reasons listed for my credit score is too many open accounts. Would closing the duplicates help with that?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can not have too many open accounts!!!!!!  If they are all current & no derogs.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.